Just waiting for scheduling to verify the time

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
I've done all that needs to be done for this pacemaker/wire procedure. All of the pre-admission testing has been done, and all is well and in order. All of my cardiac "repairs" from 2011 are just as they were when first completed, except for the pacemaker. In this, I'm a really happy camper. All of my valve's parameters are just as they were at time of implant. Wow!

I'm calm, I'm composed. Once the time is confirmed, I'll just have my DW take me there and get it done. I am highly confident in my team -- even the ones I haven't met yet. If a doctor I highly trust recommends a member for "our" team, that's good enough for me.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post from the hospital. I will have a very old iPad with me, but I'm not sure how well it will work or how much I will feel like using it. I will, however, log on and share the update once I get home. At the moment, the plan is for me to be admitted on Wednesday late morning, and released late Thursday. I'll know more after the procedure, and will keep you posted.

Wishing you all the best again Steve for tomorrow !

Gosh am I impressed that, apart from your pacemaker, all your cardiac repairs and work are just as they were when first completed ! I have already quoted something you once wrote on forum to my cardiologist and I will again be quoting you about your cardiac work being just as it was when first done at my next appointment in October (my aortic valve pressure gardient has steadily increasd from 33 to 42 mmHg in just two and a half years - so I want my cardio to work a bit to find out why since what you experienced is what I think is how it should be).

I hope every bit of it goes smooth as silk for you. Having confidence in your team is priceless.

Steve, I do wish you the very best tomorrow. I admire your approach and attitude. You do a good job of handling your own health and the people who treat you. I suspect you are a great project manager as well. This time I hope they use the very best of wire nuts to connect those pacemaker electgrodes to the heart :) In all seriousness, I truly wish you speediest of recover.

Wishing you all the best, Steve. You and your team sound well-prepared. Wishing you all success and a smooth recovery. Very much look forward to hearing from you when you have computer access and feel up to it. Stay the Course!

I'm just now getting ready for the ride downtown to Northwestern. They confirmed my "check-in" time as 11:30, with the 1:00 PM "reservation" in the OR. On that schedule, it looks like I might miss dinner. Not sure if I should be thankful for that or not. . .

Depending upon how long the procedure takes, I may be online late today, or maybe tomorrow. Thanks again, everyone! I won't disappoint you!

Hi

Hope it's a smooth ride

epstns;n866242 said:
Thanks again, everyone! I won't disappoint you!

Does this mean you're going to do something "1st year uni prank" in there and take evidence to show us?

;-)

Best wishes for a good outcome

Latest posts

Back