Just thought I would say "hi"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiddo

Hi All.

It's been a while since I last posted anything so I just wanted to drop in and say "hello." For those of you who may recall, my dad had his 3rd OHS on 6/13/07....about a year and a half ago now. I was so extremely paranoid about coumadin for months, especially when my dad was unstable for the first few months. I am happy to report that my dad has been "stable" for several months now and my mom is no longer picking the "greens" from his food. I do have to say that he doesn't particularly liked getting poked when he goes in for testing (esp. if the nurse has to do it twice) but that's a small price to pay for his health. I am also happy to report that my brother and his wife are expecting their first baby (boy) in April 2009 and my dad couldn't be happier. Thanks again to everyone on this site who helped me and my family through his surgery. You guys are the best!

Jennie

Hi Jennie! None of us like to get poked. That's why so many of us have turned to home testing. Have you or he considered that option?

good update, and to echo the others - have you considered home testing for him? he would still be monitored by a medical professional, who would make any dosage changes. it is only a finger stick, just like diabetes testers (but sshhh, don't tell anyone, our "stickers" are thinner than theirs :p)

PS I think you'll can figure out the home testers in the bunch soon !

Latest posts

Back