Just JoJo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojofromct

Just an update. My dad is doing well. He has his days he is very tired and other days he has more energy, Ross said it takes a year to fully recovery. He works hard so I know he is tired! His shoulders bother him from time to time from his job - he needs to retire - but has bills! He goes for another check up with his cardio this week I believe. The last time he went the Echo still showed a very small leak but they can not hear it when they listen to the heart. You can hear the valve if your standing next to him and its quiet, its the weirdest thing ever but I love it. I still have not smoked, just his 5 months. My husband on the other hand is having a hard time. We just bought a 3 bedroom house and some things need fixin so he is stressed. We only have been in the house for a week. So all is good guys! Miss you all - JoJo

I was thinking about you last evening and was wondering how things were going. All sounds about on track with your dad. The shoulder stuff could also be from the surgery and the position they put your body in. The stress on the shoulder area lasts for a long time., plus your dad has a very physical job.

One thing to remeber about a house is that it isn't going anywhere :) You can space out projects and do them whenever it is convenient.

Nice to hear from you.

Hi JoJo,
Yes, the shoulders get twisted and pulled during surgery, hopefully your Dad can get a bit of massage or use a heating pad in the evenings.

Congrats on the purchase of a home. We have had glitches with every house purchase, broken water pump, broken water heater, leaking roof, etc. Everything works out, even though at the time it feels so overwhelming.
Nice to hear from you. :)

Nice to hear from you. Glad your Dad is doing ok. Great you are not smoking. Big Congrats on that one;) Best of luck with your house.

I'm so glad to hear that your Dad is doing better. A good massage would help the shoulder's and back. I think the area between my shoulders hurt worse than having my chest cut open. From what I hear they have you in a most un-natural position when they are doing the surgery and you're that way for at least 2-3 hours.

Congratulations on quitting smoking. It will be so much better for you in the long run. Congratulations also on buying a house. The house will wait, you take care and don't overdo!

Hi JoJo,

Nice to see your smiling face again. :) Glad to hear your dad is doing well. And congrats on the house and on kicking the smoking habit. Stay in touch with us old fogies here. :D

Cheers,

Another update. The tiny leak is gone, the one that was showing up after the surgery, its gone, They said my father healed now and the leak is gone, healed up.
Hope everyone is well, I am still NOT SMOKING!

Glad to hear everything is going so well. As far as the repairs go around the house don't worry to much. Keep beer & pizza handy for the friends he gets to help him.. Most guys I know love to help on projects & get paid in beer & pizza.

Good to hear from you again Jojo. As so many of those on this site who have had surgeries a few years ago, time does heal alot of thumps, bumps and leaks. So glad for your Dad and for you, also. You sound like a loving, concerned young lady.

Keep us up to date on the house (which will be conquered with patience...if your Dad's heart can fix its leaks, I'm sure you and your husband can outwit the house!

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE NO SMOKING! I think that is one of life's most difficult additions to break...and you've done it. But you have to stay strong about it....I quit for 3 years one time, got really pissed at my husband, bought a pack on the way to work and smoked for a few years longer. Luckily I'm now at about 15 years off them.

Take care and much encouragement to both you and your Dad.

Midge

Wonderful news about your dad, JoJo! :) And wonderful to know too that you have given up smoking! I know it's a hard habit to break....my husband tried for years & then finally one day he just took the pack & threw it in the trash & hasn't smoked since (7 years now!!! yeah :))

Congratulations on your house purchase & don't overdo it.....as mentioned before, the house will be there so space out your projects & enjoy the fruits of your labor!!! :)

JoJo:
Glad to hear your dad's gotten a very good report.

Good luck with the new house, and I agree -- your hubby needs to keep plenty of beer & pizza on hand when his friends come over to help!

Latest posts

Back