Just joined the club

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy

Hey everybody, I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here on the forum. I was diagnosed with BAV 7 years ago and it was only mild insufficiency at the time. Over the years its progressed to moderately severe, then severe; and most recent echo, my cardiologist labelled it "torrential." I am very active and never had any symptoms but due to the left ventricle starting to dilate, he recommended surgery. I'm actually 6 days post op and doing well. I would have liked to get on here sooner but everything happened pretty quick when it came down to it. Over the years I've lurked on the website whenever I'd have my echoes done and always found the best info. I just wanted to thank everybody for sharing their stories. It's been an enormous help. I'll be sure to pass on anything from my experiences from here on out, now that I'm "part of the club!"

Dean
42 Years old
AVR birthdate 12/9/13
On-X Mechanical

Glad to hear that its smooth so far.

Also glad to hear you are on the mend. In an inverse of a Chinese curse I will say that I hope your recovery is uneventfully uninteresting.

:)

Happy to hear you are safely through surgery and recovering.
If you've been reading here, you know the drill.........:) Sleep, eat, breathe, walk and repeat again and again.
Sending all best wishes.

Torrential! Love it! Welcome to the club, and to echo (ha ha) what everyone else has said, I hope you have an uneventful boring recovery. But if not, know that there will be at least one person here who hit a similar bump in the road and is still around to talk about it! :)

Welcome to the On-X family. Just take good care of yourself. You will be doing regular activity in about 2-3 weeks. Take good care of yourself! Coumadin therapy is pretty straight forward.

Hey everybody, I just wanted to give a big thanks to everyone here.....

......I'll be sure to pass on anything from my experiences from here on out, now that I'm "part of the club!"

Dean
42 Years old
AVR birthdate 12/9/13
On-X Mechanical

Hi flyboy and welcome to the "zipper" club. Please stick around and post to help others navigate the "minefield of misinformation" regarding this operation and life afterwards.

Welcome. I hope your recovery is bumpless and without drama. But hey I wish that for everyone in our everyday lives. :). Like has already been said, rest, eat, walk and breathe. Soon you will be flying the skies of Florida. Take Care

Welcome. I just joined myself. Hope all goes well with recovery...remember that frame of mind plays a big roll. I had my aortic replaced on Dec. 2nd. Doing well.

Good luck to you rioone

Good luck to you rioone

Rioone,

I wanted to say good luck with your aortic replacement post surgery. I am facing that surgery one day myself. Hope you keep posting.
Wishing you continued good fortune.

Welcome. I just joined myself. Hope all goes well with recovery...remember that frame of mind plays a big roll. I had my aortic replaced on Dec. 2nd. Doing well.

I am getting close too.Keep posting so we know what to expect.Good luck with your recovery.I ThInk this site is so great....people from all around the world connected.

Great to hear you are doing well! You are so right--this website is so helpful to those of us who undergo valve replacement surgery. Many of us do not personally know anyone else that has had heart valve surgery. This site is educational and supportive!
Wishing you well!
And others have said, the next several weeks focus on this: eat super healthy,take naps when needed, and walk,Walk, WALK!

Latest posts

Back