Just Curious.......

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

Hello all,
Originally I was told that CC would schedule an appt a month before the AVR surgery for a meet & greet with the team & I assumed to talk about different types of valves. However they are having me come in 4/4 Mon for some tests then on 4/6 Wed would be the surgery. I guess I don't know if I care, but it kinda sounds like the valve decision has been pretty much figured out by them. Or do they have a "store" with all kinds of valves they can pretty much get the order filled in a day? I've never given them a preference, I think I kinda have one now. Should I call & have a talk with someone?
Duh!?
Daiva
PS You all seem so educated & sure of your options it's quite daunting to me. One thing you've made me understand is the only bad choice is not to do the surgery & that is so right.

I had my surgery at CC also. who is your Surgeon ? If your leaning mechanical then I would ask your surgeon what his/her experience is with that specific valve. On-X valves are supposed to be technically more difficult to install but given that your at CC I wouldn't be concerned with that. Thats the valve I have and after 3 yrs I have no complaints. If for not the small scar on my chest you would never know I had a procedure.

Generally they will recommend a mechanical valve for younger patients <60 simply because of the risk of additional surgeries. Its your call of course but my thought was to hopefully be one and done with the whole OHS thing. Now that I've been through it I know that if necessary I can do it again. Im totally confident about that. But if I can avoid it I most certainly will !

I'd suggest requesting a meeting with your surgeon so you can get your questions answered.

Hello all,
Originally I was told that CC would schedule an appt a month before the AVR surgery for a meet & greet with the team & I assumed to talk about different types of valves. However they are having me come in 4/4 Mon for some tests then on 4/6 Wed would be the surgery. I guess I don't know if I care, but it kinda sounds like the valve decision has been pretty much figured out by them. Or do they have a "store" with all kinds of valves they can pretty much get the order filled in a day? I've never given them a preference, I think I kinda have one now. Should I call & have a talk with someone?
Duh!?
Daiva
PS You all seem so educated & sure of your options it's quite daunting to me. One thing you've made me understand is the only bad choice is not to do the surgery & that is so right.

April 6th surgery noted on calendar so the VR family will support
Godspeed

Latest posts

Back