Just bought this awesome back massager for post op recovery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cewilk

So I am one week out of surgery, and my back has been very tense and uncomfortable pretty much since I've been home, as I'm sure many of you can relate...

I pop my own back several times a day (before surgery), and I have been feeling the overwhelming urge to crack my back, but I can't of course. So I just needed some kind of relief. Also, some of the discomfort of course is from sleeping on an incline and just the altered posture of having a broken sternum.

I bought the Shiatsu back massager from a Brook Stone store today. With the extended warranty and tax, it was about $200. This thing is well worth it. It didn't crack my back, but it really gets in the muscle tissue deep, and even after using it for half an hour today, my back feels so much more relaxed. This isn't one of those vibrating massagers, it actually feels like someone's thumb is kneading in your back. It's awesome...

Oh well, just throwing that out there....I think it's well worth the money, especially if your back is bothering you after surgery :thumbup:

I guess if you have a significant other then they can take the place of this....but I don't, and I don't really feel like asking Mom for any additional assistance while I'm recovering :biggrin2:

Good to know that it is helping with your back discomfort. Thanks for the testimonial. :thumbup: They are always welcome when members start searching for post-op solutions to recovery issues.

Nice. That thing looks awesome and super comfortable.

Yeah, some sort of massage chair or other device I think can make quite a difference.

Latest posts

Back