June 25

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay! Glad to hear you made it to the other side OK! :D

The first few days may be a bit rough but you will probably find things get quite a bit better at day 4 or so. I'm almost 6 weeks out now and am astonished at just how well a body can recover from such trauma... so take hope, it DOES get better, day by day, week by week.

Take care,

Congrats! I don't even remember day 2. Apparently the surgeon stopped by to see how I was and I told him "I don't like you" and he said "don't worry, you will again in a couple days". This was relayed to me by my mom. No wonder why he kept saying I was so crabby in the hospital!

You are doing very well after 2 days to be able to post so lucidly. Apparently I told my wife on day two not to kiss me because she may be carrying germs!! Needless to say I'll never hear the end of that one in spite of me pleading total amnesia!!

I think it was my day 2, I felt chilly since the A/C was ridiculously cranked up. I wigged out telling the nurse "I think my heart is racing!" I think I was having a mini "panic attack". My wife, also a nurse by profession just shook her head. Weird things do go through your mind given the amount of meds received.

Day 2 I was still fully tubed and wired up in High Dependancy. It was over a week before I could face the PC and post here.

Day three they took out the drain tubes and day four is when I felt wow I did it and I was feeling a lot better. GOOD JOB!!!!

I have been thinking about you. I stumbled across this website the day of your surgery and added you to my prayers. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Latest posts

Back