joey's 10th anniversary/valversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sylviayasgur

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
hi all,
haven't been around much, but needed to mention that Sept. 20th was joey's 10 year anniversary. he has had several bumps in the road, a-fib being a biggie, but he had an ablation done in january and is now, for the first time in years, free of any meds.
i thank G-d every day for this gift. we are so fortunate.
wishing the same for all here.
be well,
sylvia

Congratulations to Joey!!! 10 years is a great milestone.

I had mitral valve replacement surgery this past July. I also had A-Fib. While they were replacing my valve they did a Maze procedure to stop the A-Fib. It takes 3-6 months for scar tissue to form and to see if the Maze worked. I'm hoping to be off all my meds in a few months too. Joey's 10th anniversary is a great incentive for me and other heart patients as well.

Again, Joey, Congratulationis!!

Karen

I'm so glad to read that Joey is med free and has hit the 10 year milestone with his Ross Procedure. What a great surgeon he had with Dr. Stelzer, and only hope that others waiting for valve replacement, are so blessed to find a great surgeon and facility as they undergo their journey.

Sylvia - My "hearty" congratulations to BOTH of you! To Joey for doing so well and for being one of my early "good examples." And to you for being there for him.

May you both have many, many happy returns of the day.

thank you all! steve, we go way back... hope you are doing well! karen, be patient and hope for the best! duffey, amen!
greg a, ottagal, and jason, thank you and hope you are all well.
i always remember that WE are the lucky ones. it doesn't matter what valve or procedure, in the end, it saves lives. unlike those who don't have warning, WE are the lucky ones who are fortunate enough to try to have this fixed.
arent' second chances great?!
be well all,
sylvia

No meds -- Excellent! I'm very glad Joey is doing well!

I still remember your first kindly greeting to me when I first logged on to this site in 2003; thank you again. Best wishes :)

Latest posts

Back