Jim is home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggyanne

Well, after 10 days at the U of M, Jim came home today. He is eating more at home and his incision had stopped "oozing" so they let him out. He could not wait to get home, but he may be feeling some anxiety not being in the security of the hospital. He is exhausted, but is also nervous about falling asleep. Every time that he sleeps, his heart rate slows to about 50. His surgeon told him not to worry unless it goes lower than that. Anyone else have the "low heart rate problem"? He will probably say hi to everyone tomorrow when he has had a chance to rest. He has really appreciated all of the good wishes from everyone.

His body is resetting itself and things will take time to fall into place. Welcome home!

As things do fall into place, stuff will improve. Try not to worry about anything other then going back to the hospital. Eat, breath, sleep, walk, that is your only jobs for a while.

Well, after 10 days at the U of M, Jim came home today. He is eating more at home and his incision had stopped "oozing" so they let him out. He could not wait to get home, but he may be feeling some anxiety not being in the security of the hospital. He is exhausted, but is also nervous about falling asleep. Every time that he sleeps, his heart rate slows to about 50. His surgeon told him not to worry unless it goes lower than that. Anyone else have the "low heart rate problem"? He will probably say hi to everyone tomorrow when he has had a chance to rest. He has really appreciated all of the good wishes from everyone.

Glad to hear he is home, praying for a quick recovery.
I also am experiencing low pulse rate, this morning after getting up to walk to the bathroom, it went down to 45, I was very light headed so I sat down and it went back up to 60. They are telling me it is the lopressor so they are monitoring my dosage.

Welcome home Jim & I hope that your recovery goes smoothly. Take things easy on yourself --- everything will return to normal after your heart heals.

Stay well! :)

Nothing like resting at home....Be good to yourself,rest,eat,sleep,small walk
easy does it and prayers for a satisfactory recovery.

zipper2 (DEB)

I'm glad to read that he's home, and I continue to wish him the best as he recovers.

Latest posts

Back