James out of surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, You're out already? But you just went in. My, time flies when you're having fun. James- I hope it continues being smooth sailing from here on out. Get into cardiac rehab and get back into shape. You will feel like a million bucks in no time.
John

Great to see you posting........I agree, I was still out of it on day 3. Looking forward to hearing from you as you get stronger. Wishing for an uneventful recovery.

I think it's amazing that you are posting already! I don't think I could have used a computer that quickly after surgery - looking back, I was pretty wiped out.

Well done James - best wishes for your continued recovery.

12 lap around the 8th floor so far today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pain is horrid but, my advice is to keep breathing! and coughing! I will post more when I can sit up and type longer but, I needed 2 units of blood and throw up on pain meds. ON-X gave me "extra" valve if anyone needs a back alley surgery. No I won't do that. Knowing my bretheren were there online praying for me sure helped.
Much love,James

James...

Im also the proud owner of a shiney On-X. Was your procedure minimally invasive ? bout a 5 inch incision ? Biggest issue I had was getting in and out of bed. But once up and moving, even at day 3 or 4 I was ok, sounds like your on the same track. Don't try to do too much too soon, there is plenty of time for it. Have you started up on Coumadin yet ?

Hang in there, kiddo!! Find the center point of your pain and try to mentally dissipate it, spread it out so it is "thinner" and subsides some. Sorry the pain meds don't agree with you -- bummer. I loved 'em!!! :p

Good for you doing your laps!!! Hopefully that will gain you strength in your whole person to help fight all the meanies. Should get better each day.

Best wishes! Keep up the good work.

Marguerite

Go James Go, Go James Go!!!!! Hang in there my friend. I'm three weeks out and those first two were ruffies. Find something silly to hang onto that makes you feel good. Make baby steps in planning what to do. It makes it easier to achieve the goals. Welcome to the other side of Mountain. Cheers to ya. Rick

12 lap around the 8th floor so far today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pain is horrid but, my advice is to keep breathing! and coughing! I will post more when I can sit up and type longer but, I needed 2 units of blood and throw up on pain meds. ON-X gave me "extra" valve if anyone needs a back alley surgery. No I won't do that. Knowing my bretheren were there online praying for me sure helped.
Much love,James

James, glad you are doing well, but your pain should not be horrid. Are they trying to find meds that will keep your pain better under control, that won't make you throw up? IF not complain until you aren't in as much pain. I imagine you must feel better after getting the 2 units of blood.
IF you were talking about the pain being horrid when you are coughing, do you have a pillow or something to hug against your sternum when you cough?

Great job James! Keep coughing, walking, moving breathing. 2 weeks out, I still have pain at my scar and around my scar. Looking forward to feeling "normal".

Thinking about you!

Kurt (aka Soccerdad)
AVR (St. Jude mechanical)
UAB (Dr. McGiffin)

Hey James, Great news hearing from ya. Keep right on plugging away. Walk alittle. But most of all find something that causes great mental pleasure, something that you did before or want to do. Work out a plan to get to it. Goals are what keeps us going. Have a fun day. Watch for the bumps. I'll be out in front of you with the Rick Bump a nator- a-nator. Steam rolling as many as I can for ya.
I special ordered it from Doofensmurtz Evil Inc. Catalog of Evil Nators Catalog.
Rick

Hi James welcome to the other side again
Best of luck with your new life
Will you find some time for a little skiing before the season ends ?

Hey it's another On-X brother!

Glad things went well for you and am sure you are on the mend. I took my laptop with me but never had the clarity (due to the pain meds) to use it to check up on you! :confused: My incision pain is not too bad and I resisted taking a Vicodin and am dealing with it on just Tylenol.

Maybe the surgeon had to change blades on the sternum cutter for me after they did you and thought they were a little dull :eek:

I am looking forward to the Cardiac Rehab as well! We can be "poster kids"

Bob

Back