I've got a theory

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon4me

Yesterday was perhaps my best day since my surgery on 6/5/2013. Huge turnaround following two setbacks that ended in two separate re-admissions. I was Dx'd at my local hospital as having a moderate/severe case of pericarditis with a large pericardial effusion.

This is what I'm guessing is going/was going on. So my local cardiologist wipes the slate with the meds:

Puts me back on my anti-arrythmias: amiodarone and metoprolol and gets Afibs under control (they may have resolved themselves by themselves soon but that is unknown).
Puts me on 2 enteric-coated baby aspirin and stops the Coumadin which he believes was adding to the bleed out in the pericardium.
Leaves me on my Lipitor and Metformin.
Puts me on 1 multivitamin.
Puts me on Colchicine to treat the pericarditis.

Ok, I was experiencing no less than 20-25 separate night sweats per day/night. Yesterday I had none and so far this evening I have had none. My theory is-no new drugs have been added to the mix except for Colchicine and baby aspirin and no drugs have been removed except for Coumadin. I believe my pericarditis is slowly resolving itself and that most, if not all, of my night sweats were caused by the pericarditis. Also, my intermittent low-grade fevers are not present anymore and was having those around the clock too.

Well - It finally sounds like things are coming under control. Your local cardio seems to have hit the formula to get you back on track. Sounds like a doc to stay with. Once your recovery is on track, it is very encouraging to actually feel the difference day by day. Just watch - this is just the beginning!

Yes, Steve, I am finally starting to feel human again and it's a wonderful feeling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I know health can turn on a dime, but I'm very thankful for how I currently feel. So, I'm going to ride this crest of the wave and see where it takes me to!

Latest posts

Back