I've got a tentative date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie

Eureka Springs , Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains
It looks like I will be in surgery on the morning of the 20th. This may change a day either way depending on my surgeons work load.

I also decided definitively that I will have a Bovine replacement valve. So, seems were done except for some testing the day before and recuperation. I am so looking forward to claiming my life and activity level back!

It looks like I will be in surgery on the morning of the 20th. This may change a day either way depending on my surgeons work load.

I also decided definitively that I will have a Bovine replacement valve. So, seems were done except for some testing the day before and recuperation. I am so looking forward to claiming my life and activity level back!

That is good that all is coming together and that you are comfortable with your choices
I have added you to the family Calendar

Godspeed Charlie

Yes Charlie. Do not look back, only forward. When it hurts like crazy as soon as you are out, just know that the painkillers they prescribe do a magnificent job in controlling pain and also that you will be well on your way to normalcy in a week or less. I do not know what your age is but regardless, tissue valves do provide no changes to your lifestyle - including diet, recreation, avocations, monitoring etc...I went for it even though I am relatively young (50 is young by AVR standards)
All the best. You will be in all our thoughts for a successful operation and a speedy & full recovery.

Last edited:
Hey Charlie, I will keep you in my thoughts come the 20th. Just remember, keep on walking, don't look back. Oh yea and one little secret. You might feel an attack of the munchies when you pass a newly mowed field. But not to worry you can overcome the temptation. :)

You are in my thoughts on the 20th as well. I look forward to getting my "date" too.

Latest posts

Back