I've got a cold!!! Another speedhump!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanoeBob

Hi

I guess things could be much worse, but I've seem to have picked up a cold which has affected my breathing; heavy cough with phlem and now moving to my nose. 5 mths Post op, Doctor hasn't got back to me yet---Any experience with cold medications would be most helpful. I'm at the thought of toughing it out, colds only last a few days anyway, most over the counter medications seem to frown on usage if you have heart problems. Other than that I'm really really good.

Bob

Tis the season to have a cold....bummer.
There is OTC product the doc told me to get, don't have any right now and I can't remember the name, but it starts with Dyl..., D-y something.
I have taken Robitussin DM. But in most cases I take a Claritin during the day and Dristan at night.

Your profile says tissue valve, no warfarin, you are five months post op so really shouldn't be a problem about a cold.
Colds are miserable and I hope you feel better soon but other than not feeling well, you should be safe enough.
There are cold meds that are safe IF you have hypertension. Your doctor or pharmacist can tell which are best for you.

Latest posts

Back