I've been ill

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just a short note to ask for your prayers. I have been ill. My gallbladder along with stones has gone south on me. It's been a long week. Had to have open gallbladder surgery.

I'll post more as I can but it's been rough. My doctor is one of the best if not the best surgeon around. He learned to do gallbladder surgery the old fashioned way (not lap) for which I am so thankfull. What should have been a short surgery ended up lasting two hours. I had stones stuck in the bile duct. I still have a drain and will have for awhile.

My prayers are with all of our members in the storm areas.

Marie

Sorry to hear you are having to go through this. I had gallbladder surgery 3 weeks before my open heart surgery in March, but was able to do the lap gallbladder. I will be praying for a swift and easy recovery for you!

Update: I'm doing a bit better everyday. I go to the surgeon on Wednesday. He will shoot dye through my drainage tube and take X Rays. If all looks good then the drainage tube comes out.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support
Marie

Update: I'm doing a bit better everyday. I go to the surgeon on Wednesday. He will shoot dye through my drainage tube and take X Rays. If all looks good then the drainage tube comes out.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support
Marie

Earline ... Keeping you in my prayers, keep us posted:thumbup:

Hope your recovery is speedy and uneventful. Goodbye and good riddance to those tubes.

Hi Marie:
So glad to learn of your recent progress. Let us know some further news as it progresses. I see that we had our surgery in the same year. I had my AVR on February 11, 2008 at Washington Hospital Center.
Sending prayers your way!
Va.66

Back