Its my turn now

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresa

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well my VR friends, my surgery has been confirmed for Tuesday, Feb. 10th at the Brigham & Woman's hospital in Boston. Since I have Von Willebrands Disease (my blood doesn't clot well) and being on coumadin would not be a good option for me, I will be going with a tissue valve. Believe me, having the decision already made for me was one of relief-I get terrible buyers remorse!
I have been a member here since June 2008. It hasn't been easy for me to accept this situation that I am in. I have gone through all the emotions that many of you that have just joined are going through now-the biggest being "why me and why now?"
Thank you all for providing the information and experience to help me get through the last 8 months. I have learned sooo much! I am going into this with great hope, support and lots of plans in the future. I know that it will be a big mountain to climb (can someone please shovel a path for me?!) but I am looking forward to seeing all of you on the other side!

Wishing you a sucessful surgery on the 10th and a speedy recovery, all the best.

Teresa,

You are already almost over one of the hardest hurdles - the wait. Recovery is not a cake walk but emotionally it is so easy because you know you made it and the rest is just following orders.

Sending out a cyber shovel to clear the path but you will do great.

See you on the other side and Godspeed.

It will go faster than you think, and be less scary and painful than you imagined. Brigham and Women's is a great place to have this done. It's in the top ten - maybe five - every year (along with Mass General and the Cleveland Clinic Foundation).

Take a little vacation, spend some time on you and those close to you, and when you check in, just check your responsibilities at the door. It's their turn.

Best wishes,

Honestly, the wait is so often the hardest part. The relief when you wake up is as grand as viewing the loveliest spot you've ever been to on our planet.

And I would do that for the next 10 days. Drink in as much of the beauty of your life and surroundings as you can; the sights, the smells, the sounds. Pack all of those things in your suitcase so that when those moments come, of disconnectedness or discomfort, that you will have a place to go to, mentally, which will see you through.

Be strong. Carry yourself confidently. You're gonna do great!!

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Good luck with surgery, you're going to be fine. Looking forward to your first post op post.

Teresa, I put you on the calendar for the 10th so it's "official". You are going to a wonderful facility for both you the patient as well as your loved ones. They will take good care of all of you. Best wishes.

I second what everyone else has said. This side of the mountain is much easier emotionally. Wishing you a successful surgery and uneventful recovery,
Dale

You're going to a top hospital with outstanding cardiac surgery department. Every reason to feel you'll do GREAT!

The wait really is the worst part.

Best Wishes.

Wow! Teresa getting the date is a huge step. How are you holding up? I must say it is great to get it over with. I'll be waiting here on the other side for you, for some mall walks or maybe watching the Sox kick some butt..Less than 2 weeks untill spring training!

Teresa,

My very best wishes to you.

With prayers+

Teresa,

All the best to you & yours! I hope that it all goes well for you. You can come from this side of the mountain & make well wishes for the Pre surgery group!

Latest posts

Back