Is there another forum?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100%..

Agree 100%..

Is this in small talk? Seem to me that it should be moved to the war room or just plain flushed down the toilet ... I am not getting involved in political, health care debates or any other flame-a-thon that takes away from the focus that I believe that VR was and is intended to be.

I have seen comments that are out of line, hurtful and just plain mean spirited and so far I have held my tongue and refused to get involved in debates or arguments that I either do not have interest in or just do not understand. I ignore pm’s that I have received that chastise or just plain flame. I have stopped short of attacking some of our self proclaimed intellectual experts on damn near everything. This place has become a joke to many outside of the US, go figure. The intolerance of many is down right embarrassing. I know some will debate the origin of the phrase, “first, do no harm” but I could care less. I have taken my lumps before and am ashamed to say that I have inflicted a few in the past. We would do well to get back to the “heart” of the matter.

I know many think I serve little value here and again I could give a damn. The biggest shame is that many who have much knowledge and information to share with those facing OHS are to busy trying to impress with grandiose, braggadocios rhetoric, why I’m not sure.

I can understand why some have left.

ABSOLUTELY..!!! I couldn't have said it better myself Cooker. Muchas gracias for bringing this to light and I surely hope the 'grandiose, braggadocios, self proclaimed intellectual experts' find it valuable food for thought..

Again, I must say I respect everyone on this forum. Valve.com has been a great support, and comfort to me, in my time of need.

I certainly do not consider myself to be part of any clique here at valve.com and have no intention to be. I have been a member since just before my surgery, of Feb 2008. I will continue to give help, and support for those that need it.

If anyone has been offended, by ANYONES POSTS, I am truly sorry for that. I do think, maybe we all need to put our pettiness aside.

I go along with the "we all need a hug" poster !.

Have a truly great day, everyone!

I think a hug would be great. However, I do not need it with a side of lecture. As we have discussed many times, if you do not like the direction a thread is taking, stay out of it but don't be high and mighty about those who want to discuss.

Thanks.

Im not one to lecture someone about their opinions (except maybe my kids). I am a live and let live type. My opinion is mine and mine alone. Now I may question someones opinion and offer a differing view. But Im not going to belittle someone just because they don't agree with me. Even if I know I am right :)

Its a joke ! Its a joke !

Im not one to lecture someone about their opinions (except maybe my kids). I am a live and let live type. My opinion is mine and mine alone. Now I may question someones opinion and offer a differing view. But Im not going to belittle someone just because they don't agree with me. Even if I know I am right :)

Its a joke ! Its a joke !
I'll agree with that - and a hug!!! :D

Personally I think people need to stop and realize that someone who expresses an opinion that is different from yours, is not being insulting. It's their opinion. Now if they say "You're an idiot" then that's insulting. But I think there are too many people who get hurt feelings or angry from people who disagree with them.

I've disagreed with my husband on things and I still like him. (most days ;))

With my SO, I have always told him: I might not like you today but I always love you.;):):p

I think what we have is a case of "computer-screenitis" When we sit and type at a computer screen we don't see the people on the receiving end. Some find safety in that and let it fly. Some let it fly and then have second thoughts when they see how what they've written was received. If you're here long enough - you're going to do it. We're human.
Perhaps Caitlin felt after the fact that there was a better way she could have expressed some things. But I thank her for doing follow up posts rather than editing her original. It's a rule I try to live by as well.

Thank you Karlynn, I meant no harm. I didn't not intend to insult Hens or GB I just said they never took to (cottoned to)me. Isn't that the truth? I am so sorry Hens is hurt by that. I was perhaps not even expressing the truth, just my feelings.

here is what I said. If any of you think it's an insult, I am sorry.
Even with all my problems here and still being in trouble with Blanche, (not to mention that the other women my age, Granbonnie(May she RIP) and Hensley, never cottoned to me either. And by the time I left they were aghast at me for my Schaivo opinions)

If my commenting on Blanches feelings is rude to mention here, perhaps she should not have sent that email to Tucson. Anyway, everyone down here forgave her- I just don't think she ever forgave me.

"Hard on the issues, soft of the people." I don't now where that originated, but they are good words to live by.

May the bond that we share from the heart not be broken by the brain. (yes I made that one up)

Latest posts

Back