Is it okay to use Ben Gay?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiddo

I called the coumadin clinic and they said it should be fine for my dad to use Ben Gay but I thought I would double check. I read in a Health magazine that one of the active ingrediants is like aspirin and can cause internal bleeding and/or affect the heart someway. Does anyone have any practical experiences with Ben Gay?

BTW, my dad is using it for a neck/back strain.

Thanks.
Jennie

I think most of the problems with these preparations come from over-use and inhaling it.
There may be an unscented version that will be tolerated better.
When I had a cold last year I put some Vicks VapoRub under my nose and went to sleep. I woke up during the night with palpitations, but I don't really know if that was the cause. Anyway, now I don't sleep with Vicks anymore.

Jennie:
I use Ben Gay time medications frequently because of a bad back. My INR is so steady, it's almost a miracle. I've had no variation in the last 6 weeks. It comes out 2.4 every time.

Aspirin works on the blood platelets and decreases the "stickyness" thus helping to avoid a clot. We both take an encoated baby aspirin daily, on doctors orders.

Regards,
Blanche

Latest posts

Back