Is anyone not taking meds a year or so out from MR repair?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FixedAgain

I had my (second) MR repair in October 2011.

Long story but due to some stupidity on my part and my doctor really not paying attention, I had elevated RBC, hemoblobin and Hematocrit due to taking too much Testosterone..

The doctor order the tests of course and he suspected the Testosterone me having some adverse effects but he dropped the ball and put me on 320 Diovan and Coreg twice a day..

Finally he woke up and I woke up too and it seems all of my symptoms were a result of elevated levels of the above.

I'm tapering off of the Coreg...He went on vacation and I left a message confirming my dose reduction...basically reduced from 18.25 2x a day to 6.25 2x a day...and I reduced the Diovan to 160mg..

I'll know tomorrow if he gives this the green light or not..my bp is not high and I hope I can get off these meds..

My question is, is anyone not taking meds months or years after MR repair?

I am pretty sure I will be able to get completely off the Coreg as my EF improves...it dropped to 35% and I am certain it is a result of having to pump my thick blood

I suspect he will keep me on a lower dose of Diovan to protect the valve a bit but not sure..

Curious if others are med free or what you might be taking post repair..

Latest posts

Back