Irregular Heartbeat

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happy to report that the skipped beats and fluttering have virtually disappeared :)

That is AWESOME news!!!!

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?
** RadioShow.CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Friday | 12.24.2010 | noon-4p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com **
"Have a happy holiday" ... Brenda Lee ... 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'

Thanks for the update Johnny.

I'm glad to hear that your heartbeat has stabilized.

It still bothers me that the Electrophysiologist never did an EKG to positively identify what was going on with your heart (unless he is absolutely confident that he can do so by ear)...

One of the things I like about my Cardiologist is that he is a Big Believer in using the minimum dose of the appropriate medication to control whatever symptoms need to be controlled and will work with me to determine that minimum dose. He also has his tech perform an EKG *before* every office visit.

'AL Capshaw'

The EKG is certainly something to consider next time I go to see him for my regular appointment. I'd like to know why this is happening as well, and more importantly if the arrythmias will stop after x amount of time on the drug.

I'm happy to report that the skipped beats and fluttering have virtually disappeared :)

Guess I spoke too soon. The skipped beats are back...almost the day after I posted the news that they've disappeared. I think this time I will take Al Capshaw's advice and get an EKG.

DAMN! I thought these episodes were behind me. Guess I never can relax.

Skipped beats are at best frustrating.I have had my share in the past.I had pvc's.Like Al my cardio always has an ekg done a few minutes before he sees me.Three things helped me-stay away from foods that can trigger them-drink plenty of fluids (Dr. told me just alittle dehydration can start them) and exercise.Wish you the best.

+1 on hating PVC's. Pretty much every doc I've talked to about it believed them to be basically benign except in unusual circumstances, such as when there's a ton of them, or when your qt interval is prolonged, or whatever. They never feel benign to me... the longer they last in a string, the more I want to just go hide somewhere for a while. The only scarier palpitation I've experienced is v-tach. I'd rather stick to PVCs if I had to choose between them.

FWIW, my wife's friend had like 30,000 pvc's in a day before he had an ablation. He did not feel even one of them, but the docs decided that was too many pvcs for this guy - especially since his ejection fraction was only like 35%.

I was able to basically eliminate v-tach by discontinuing a tricyclic antidepressant, and doing some other stuff like figuring out that some stuff was triggering it besides the tricylic. I also switched back to an older beta blocker that felt more potent. The moral of that story is to really examine what's changed since the change in heart rhythm... there may be some trigger that you're not cognizant of.

Back