Iron tablets working?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunMartin

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Things seem to be improving at the moment. I have been taking iron tablets for four weeks and I have got my 5K run down to 22:20 - the next objective is 21:45 (7 min miles).

I did a long mountain race yesterday - 17 miles with 6 climbs. This race in renowned for being difficult as the hills get bigger and steeper the further into the race you get. I set of steady with a view to finishing. I was surprised when I was half way that my legs still felt OK. This must be the iron tables sorting out my anaemia as in training my legs always seem to get tired/heavy/lactic acid after a few climbs. This has been a real boost to my confidence as two moths ago I was thinking of stopping running due to it not being enjoyable anymore.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and help

Martin

Its amazing how much difference Iron can make you feel if your anemic and Iron is low. I'm glad to see you can see an imprrovement so soon that you can measure.

RunMartin, you are an inspiration.

I just had AVR two weeks ago Monday and I'm hoping to get back to some fast cycling skating and running. How has your mechanical performed compared to your original valve? Were you symptomatic before?

Hi Chaconne

At the moment I am a little slower but there are many who say they are better post AVR. The main thing at the moment is not to expect too much in the immediate future. There is a lot of healing going on and the main thing is not to overdo it and try to get back to race fitness too soon. There were times when I overdid it and my body let me know it!

Good luck with your recovery
Martin

Latest posts

Back