intersesting article

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting articles. Thanks for posting them.

The stem cell procedure is interesting but I suspect that it could only be useful in certain cases. Howcould stem cells reverse stenosis, for example? ...Or cure a dilated aorta?

The infection problem is scary, especially the high mortality rate for prosthetic endocarditis.

Jim

Interesting about the MRSA outbreak. When I first saw one of the cardiac surgeons at the hospital for the pre-surgery visit, this was one of my questions, "What is the incidence of MRSA at this hospital?" Although I did not get a direct answer, he at least knew I was concerned about it. He did say no hospital can prevent it 100% but that his hospital was taking every precaution it could to prevent it. Once in my room, the glove dispenser was just at the end of my bed so I really watched to make sure that new gloves were going on the hands coming toward me. And since surgery I have been much more aware of washing my hands when in public places. A little prevention can't hurt.
Midge

Latest posts

Back