Insurance Complaint

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Insurance complaint

After taking DiovanHCT 160/25 (blood pressure control) for about 18 months my insurance company wants my doctor to switch to Avalide or Hyzaar.

This is not a question of generics.

My pharmacist said these are good drugs and the insurance company (Federal Blue Cross) gets a price discount from them. He called in to my doctor for an OK but doctor is not in on Saturday. He said the doctor will probably agree to change

I told the pharmacist to cancel the prescription until I talk to the doctor.

I feel I am a pawn in this insurance game.

I hope to convince my doctor not to go along with it.

Tony
:mad:

your pharmacist could compare chemicals in each for you.

I asked my dr about changing to another bp med and he said "NO" - he had a reason. Maybe yours does, too and me might have to write it out for the insurance company. They ARE different often.

f(87ers

f(87ers

In the futture consider that most pharms have as much schooling under there belt as the Dr. Just in there area. Listen to them. And besure they have a good relationship with that Dr. or Facility. But you are right pawns.

The only way we can get insurance industry out of medicine is to stop paying for any health insurance prems. Wash. needs to then make it accually illegal to sell "heath Insurance" and makew every american eligeble for medicare coverage.

But Bush's plan is to stick his head up his ass.

Med

Before you bash the insurance company remember: the concept of insurance is one of "shared risk," and that means, in the case of health insurance, that each policy holder shares in the cost of all other policy holders' medical bills. The insurance company is trying, primarily, to hold down the costs that all of it's policy holders are paying; the insurance company may, secondarily, also be trying to earn a profit for their shareholders (depending on what kind of company they are).

However, having said all of that, you definitely want to check with your doctor and pharmacist about ANY change in medication. If they both agree with the insurance company, the I would suggest accepting the change, because it will probably save you, and your fellow policyholders, money in the long run.

Latest posts

Back