INRatio vs. Lab

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike C

Hello,

Saturday had my blood drawn at lab, came back 2.7, tested at home immediatly afterwards (w/i 15 mins) and got a result of 3.8. So I have a variance of 1.1.

A month agao, INRatio was over .5 which based on what I hear, this could be expected and I am comfortable with it.

Why could I have such a large variance this time?

I tested InRatio Weds Night (regular schedule) and got a 2.7. If I take into account the typical .5 variance, I would be low 2's, if the variance is any greater, I would be below 2, a place I do not want to be. I like it between 2.5-4. Should I ignore variance, go with the .5 variance or something else?

My current plan is to increase dose slightly and retest w/ inratio enxt weds.

I have been pretty stable in mid 3 for last couple of months. I believe reason for drop is a change in workout program in last week or so.

Do you have someone at home who you can test? They should be right around 1.0. This will give you a good clue. It's possible that both tests you had were off. The lab may have been too low. I have also heard that the INRatio tends to be .5 - .6 higher.

I tested my husband a while back on my ProTime. He was .9. Made me feel good about my machine's accuracy (the battery is terrible, unfortunately.)

Mike stab a normal person and check theirs as Karlynn has suggested. If you get .9 to 1.2 for them, then your machine is accurate and I'd forget the labs figure.

And who will be your intended victim????:D Or maybe I should say "control test"? :)

I am hoping my wife...I guess two things will be tested, the machine and her.

Maybe I should ask my brother, might be better to not have her choose me dropping dead or a figner prick. (just kidding)

Mike

I was registering a man once and I asked for someone to notify in case of emergency. He thought for awhile and said, "My family would painc in an emergency. Call my ex-wife. She doesn't care enough to get paincked." What I couldn't figure out was whether or not she would have cared enough to notify his mother etc.

Latest posts

Back