INR range with mechanical valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lorraine

Lorraine

Yes..I plan to have my cornbeef and cabbage..Will simmer my cornbeef for a few hours. Take it out..put my wedge cabbage in the broth to cook..Yummy...then have new potatoes boiled on the side.. will probably bake a pan of cornbread to go with Cabbage broth...Now..real yummy:p :p :p Bonnie

My INR. goes up and down. Like I've said many times, INR stands for: "IT'S NEVER RIGHT".
Last Sunday I tested at 3.2 which was great. Tested today and it was down to 2.2, and I haven't eaten as much vitamin K the last week, actually didn't feel like eating salads. No idea what else it could be, so I had to increase my dose because I don't want the numbers to go lower.
When in the ER a few weeks ago it was up to 5.7 and that was too high I was told. Hospital doctor got real nervous. I told him, I am not bleeding, am I? My doctor wants me to stay below 5. I have gone over that several times, but have never bled. I'd rather be a bit high than too low anytime. After the ER stay I decreased the dose a bit and tested later in the week at 3.5. The following week at 3.2. Today 2.2. I will test again in 3 days to see if it has come up to a more safer level.

Latest posts

Back