INR is 4.8

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue943

The instruction is to miss two doses then go back in three weeks but looking back at my records when I was at 4.7 not long ago I skipped one dose then was re-tested in four weeks and was 3.8 so I think I will just skip the one dose again this time. My range is 3.0 to 4.0 so it really isn't high enough to worry about. No way will I skip two doses.

You aren't that much out of range. A two day in a row skip seems a little heavy handed. For me, I think I would take a half dose two days during the week but not actually "skip".

An INR of 4.8 is no cause to freak out (for me, anyway).
With your double valves, is your range a bit higher?
If so, I would take a half dose today and a reduced dose tomorrow, depending on whether you have been trending up or not.

I'm not a fan of skipping ANY doses for an INR under 5.0
and even then, only ONE.

A really conservative approach would be to cut ONE dose in half and retest in 1 week.

Alternatively, skip ONE dose, or cut 2 doses in Half and retest in 1 to 2 weeks (3 weeks seems a bit long to me).

As you can see from the above, I prefer to 'ease' back into range without Overshooting in Either Direction.

Just my NON-professional opinion.

'AL C'

I don't freak out at 4.8, I have been so much higher with no ill effects, more than double that. :)

I don't mind skipping a single dose but no more than that. As I don't home test I normally stick to the suggested period. I have to go in three weeks anyway as I am having a tooth (molar) extracted that day and the dentist wants to know what my INR is so he is prepared for any bleeding.

Its funny how you get to know your own body over time. The nurse will tell me to hold for 2 days,then say "you are going to do what you want so come back in 2 weeks"...I am usually spot on with what I do. I would never hold for 2 days either. I like Al's idea. I also never go longer than 2 weeks without going over to test.

I was at 4.6 last week & I just took 1/2 dose that night, a reduced dose the next day & then resumed with my usual dose for the rest of the week. I have to test tonight to see where I'm at.

I would never dream of skipping even one dose for an INR below 5.0.

Good luck & I hope you get back in range.

I was at 4.6 last week & I just took 1/2 dose that night, a reduced dose the next day & then resumed with my usual dose for the rest of the week. I have to test tonight to see where I'm at.

I would never dream of skipping even one dose for an INR below 5.0.

Good luck & I hope you get back in range.

....and I have two mechanicals too.

Latest posts

Back