INR-cranberry juice study

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got hooked on cranberry juice while in the hospital getting my AVR. It was the first thing I had besides ice chips after my AVR. I was so parched after surgery and so grateful to be alive and kicking after major surgery that nothing ever tasted that good to me in my life. It really stuck with me and I have been drinking it pretty regularly since. I'll drink a gallon in 3 or 4 days. My last 2 INRs have been 3.4 and 3.5. I'm only on 1.5mg of warfarin a day. I may cut back on the cranberry juice and see what happens, despite these study results. :)

well thank you for that Catwoman, am a fan of Crnaberry and thought i had read somewhere that Cranberries and Coumadin were big time contra, like grapefruit.

will gradually reintroduce cranberry juice to diet
Perosnally like the Kirkland Signature brand which is quite tart and lists: Cranberry huice, water, sugar and ascorbic acid as ingredients it is way better than Ocean Spray in my book and cheaper to boot

i used to drink grapefruit juice 2 hours after taking my Coumadin. Now, I have a couple drugs that won't allow it to happen anymore, but there is no reason you can't have grapefruit or cranberry juice while taking Coumadin.

Back