Inr 9.6

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nadi

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got results inr 9.6 nothing different just missed a walk yesterday. I was told to hold for 2 days and retest Thursday.

Oh WISE ONES i need your opinions

Thanks

last test

last test

Nancy,

My last test was 6/23 INR 3.16 PT 33.7 same dose check again 2 wks. Good thing the lab screw up the order today it was suppose to be a BMP and MG level. I had noticed a couple of bruises the last couple of days so I let them do the protime also.

I am still in shock with this and I got the news at work about 3:30 today.

Gee that's eight days ago, doesn't seem right to me.

There might be an error at the lab. That can happen, you know. You haven't accidentally double dosed?

If it were Joe, I'd ask that he be retested tomorrow. If it is a lab error, for Joe to hold for 2 days could be bad. He might actually be within range and then he would be way below.

I'm with Nancy on this one. Get retested again. The lab has to be wrong. There isn't any way that I can see if you kept the same dose and was just checked 8 days ago. With numbers like that, even if I think they're wrong, HOLD until retested.

I am with Nancy. This has to be a error at the lab. I would never HOLD for two days. I would agree to cut dose in half, but no more. I've been there and held for two days, and INR went below normal, which is so dangerous.
If you have stat at the lab, go and restest tomorrow.
If you are not bleeding, you are okay! Don't be nervous! Everything will be okay.

Re testing

Re testing

I will call The nurse in the morning to see if I can retest tomarrow.

Nancy, no double doses I have a weekly med planner so I don't/won't make that mistake, I even double checked the compartments, only thing left is 1/2 of a pain pill.

I think I will hold tonite. I am hoping Al come along with his wisdom soon almost time for the warfarin.

I think the medicine gods are picking on me for all the questioining I have been doing lately. May I need to learn to keep my mouth SHUT!!:D :D :D :D

"I think the medicine gods are picking on me for all the questioining I have been doing lately. May I need to learn to keep my mouth SHUT!!" quote from Nadi

Nadi--If that were the case, I'd be six feet under, LOL:p

Thats Nothing!

Thats Nothing!

I had a 10.4 once!! No adverse effects other than easy bruising and I quickly got it under control. Thanks to my ProTime!

Nadi,
I agree with the others, get tested again ASAP.
It could be nothing more than a clerical error.
In addition to my monthly blood checks for my INR I also have blood tests semi-annualy for another condition.
They said my test showed .01 when it really was 11.01!
This would have been very serious but turned out to be a simple typing error.

Retested

Retested

I have re-tested this morning but I don't think yesterday's results were a mistake any longer. I have blood in the urine this morning and found another bruise. Needless to say I am really getting concerned.

They only thing I can find that is different is my potassium supplement is down to 40meq instead on 120 meq's, can that effect the INR? I also had diarrhea on 6/24 that cant still effect it can it? I am grasping at straws here.

Sorry to ramble

No antibiotics

No antibiotics

No antibiotics since the vicodin in the hospital. Last dose of that was June 2nd.

Yep I need Al L

Yep I need Al L

I was hoping he would answer me last night. Hopefully tonite.
I will post my results after I hear from the nurse.

Hi Nadine,

Like the others mentioned....there may have been a lab error. I actually had a 14! 3 weeks post op which was no mistake. Back to surgery to drain 3 liters of blood from around my heart. Anything over 8.0 could be a false positive? Though my 14 was real!!!!!

Todays results

Todays results

Nurse just called results today is 6.12. Said to hold again today.
retest in the morning.

I sure hold it is back in range after tomarrow. I won't hold 3 days.

Thanks

Nadine email Al if you want to talk to him. He doesn't always look at everything here and can easily miss your question. ;)

My body tells me when I'm high.

My body tells me when I'm high.

Nadi,

I?ve learned to listen to my body. If you think you?re high.... you probably are.

I had my INR tested at the hospital lab to compare to my machine. They automatically FAX the results to my cardio?s office. He called me at home that night. He was really worried about me because the lab said my INR was 8.5. My protime said it was 2.2!! He called the lab and they retested the same blood it came back 6.31. So he (my cardio) was convinced it was a correct number. Wellllll........ I chose to believe the protime.... if my INR was that high I would KNOW it. But he STILL wanted me to cut back and retest Monday (that was a Friday) Stubborn Rain that I am, I went to the lab the next morning before taking my coumadin and retested. It was about 16 hours later when I retested and the lab was 2.93 Protime 2.6. I?m sure glad I didn?t cut back my dose.

I?m wishing you good results on your second test! So many things can effect our INR. It can be so scary.

Duhhh

Duhhh

Thank Ross,
I feel stupid!! I never thought about sending Al an email.:D :D :D
I just sent him one.
Thanks for everyones feed back!

Latest posts

Back