Inr 5.4---yikes!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks

thanks

Hi Al,
That was the best explanation I have ever heard thanks Al. I wonder if the fact that I metabolize food, caffeine and every thing else really fast should have been a clue I would be the same with Warfarin?

Bonnie I do have the pill box and use it always. I felt silly at first but realize that I tend to forget things easily. I was just really ignorant of how important this all was. After throwing clots I started reading online and it seems to me that if you don?t keep your blood in the right range you WILL throw clots, not might throw clots. Not one Doctor phrased it so strongly, I wish they had.

Randy, I was the same way at the beginning, even got 3 extra days in the hospital because my blood would not thin down. I have no negative effects from the clots at all, thanks. I learned a great many things from the experience, free great learning experiences are rare in life but thanks to some financial aid from the hospital this one was not only free financially but health wise also, and simply the most important of my life. I hope your recovery is going well, you?re so lucky to have found this forum early. I sure could have used some advice early on.

Steve

What are the symptoms you had when you were throwing clots?

What are the symptoms you had when you were throwing clots?

My INR recently went down to 1.9. About the same time I experienced what my PCP later diagnosed as optical migraine. I wondered if the two were connected.

I had just driven to work with my son and when I got out of the truck and walked around it I felt ?funny? (it?s hard to explain exactly, my legs first felt slow then gradually very heavy then just dead.) I stopped at the passenger side of the pickup to grab my lunch box, my first symptom was my legs seemed heavy, awkward to walk, then they just seemed to loose strength and then I was kneeling on the ground next to the truck. I only felt a tiny bit dizzy more really just an odd feeling in my head. That was clot number one. This passed in about 5 to 10 minutes, and then while riding to the hospital ( now my son is driving:eek: ) I had my right arm start shaking a little, my speech became slurred a little, that?s clot number two. My INR had dropped to 1.2 which my cardio explained was the cause for the clots. She felt I had thrown two clots, the first hit my spine thus no legs, and the second hit my brain. My clots dissipated on their own.

Hope that helps,

Steve

Steve, I take an average of 10 a day too. I must be one of those people that metabolizes warfarin very quickly. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to translate to the way I metabolize food. While I'm not over weight, I do have to watch what I eat or my weight can get away from me.

it's pretty good!

it's pretty good!

It's perfect, well at least in my opinion. I tested again on Monday and third test in 9 weeks all at 3.8 That was the most consistant it has ever been. I guess actually being good about my responsibility to take it every day with no exceptions really helped. Thanks for askin,

Steve

Latest posts

Back