Inr 1.1...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShezaGirlie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Yesterday I discovered Thursday's meds still in the pillbox contraption..
Took INR = 1.1

Must be the strips, must be the machine.. So, I tested Senor Guinea Pig - what a sweetie - and he tested out .9 meaning machine/strips are correct.

I only missed one day..:rolleyes: I bumped up Sunday dose and tested this morning...1.3..:eek:

Should I bump up again today?!?!?!:eek:

Yesterday I discovered Thursday's meds still in the pillbox contraption..
Took INR = 1.1

Must be the strips, must be the machine.. So, I tested Senor Guinea Pig - what a sweetie - and he tested out .9 meaning machine/strips are correct.

I only missed one day..:rolleyes: I bumped up Sunday dose and tested this morning...1.3..:eek:

Should I bump up again today?!?!?!:eek:

Almost the exact same thing happened to me this past week Janie! I tested on Sunday, Jan 25 & my INR was 1.8. I had been holding steady at 3.5 - 3.8. I think I may have forgotten to take it one night but I am not sure because I have a pill box & nothing seemed amiss, so I'm still not sure what happened!

So what I did, my normal dose is 10mg for 4 nights & 7.5mg for 2 nights then re-check. I took 15mg that night & then continued to take the 10's & then the two nights of 7.5 & checked it again yesterday & I was right on the money, 3.3. :)

I didn't want to call my cardio when it was 1.8 because I know he would have gotten excited & told me to start injecting myself w/Lovonox until I was at 2.0 or better! I knew I could handle it myself & I'm sure you can too!

Good luck gal!

Well,....all these years I have been on 10mg and would run a little high. This past April my cardio and I agreed to try 10mg on Sunday & Wednesday and 8mg the other days to hopefully balance out to being a little bit stable. Like he said, "bouncin' around isn't good".

Since then I've been down to 1.8 a few times - checked my calendar just now - so I guess it's not working. I have NEVER in 9 years been stable...:eek: Sunday's 1.1 reading sorta got my attention..:eek:

I can range from 2.5 to 5.5 and higher for no explained reason.. I have been as high as 8+ for no explained reason. CoaguChek doesn't give a reading past 8.0. Do know this time though - I forgot Thursday's dose.

I trumped up yesterday to 14mg and took 10mg this morning, but it'll probably be a few days before I'm back up there. And those pomegranate martini's last night didn't even phase me.....so much for alcohol raisin' your INR..:rolleyes:

I hear ya Norma on not calling your cardio. I've never had a lovenox shot (besides surgery) and don't intend to either.. What the hell are we gonna do when we reeeeeely get too old to remember??:D

Well,....all these years I have been on 10mg and would run a little high. This past April my cardio and I agreed to try 10mg on Sunday & Wednesday and 8mg the other days to hopefully balance out to being a little bit stable. Like he said, "bouncin' around isn't good".

Since then I've been down to 1.8 a few times - checked my calendar just now - so I guess it's not working. I have NEVER in 9 years been stable...:eek: Sunday's 1.1 reading sorta got my attention..:eek:

I can range from 2.5 to 5.5 for no explained reason.. I have been as high as 8+ for no explained reason. CoaguChek doesn't give a reading past 8.0. Do know this time though - I forgot Thursday's dose.

I trumped up yesterday to 14mg and took 10mg this morning, but it'll probably be a few days before I'm back up there. And those pomegranate martini's last night didn't even phase me.....so much for alcohol raisin' your INR..:rolleyes:

I hear your frustration my friend! I have been going thru this same stuff for more than a year for no apparent reason either. Just within the last 3 or 4 months has it started to be within range & then, POW, I get a 1.8!!!

I'm going to have to go back to drinking my weekly Margaritas here soon! :D:) Yumm!!!

Well I hate to see you so low, but I think I'd just resume normal schedule and check it in 3 days.

I'd go back to the 10/day too. I've been taking around 10/day for a while. Even though that is a lot, little tweaks downward always seem to make me go too low.

I've been over 8 too, but I know why. :eek: It was wayyyyyyy too many Cosmopolitans. It was a very fun night, and the morning after from hell.

I don't care what anybody say's, I believe I got 3 of those shots while in the hospital............and they HURT!

Then someone wasn't giving them to you properly. Lyn wouldn't do it. I had to give them to myself. If done properly, it hurts less then poking your finger for an INR test.

Janie, the same thing happens to me when I skip a dose. I found that out not by forgetting, but by being told by the nurse to "Hold for a day." Never again!

Once, I accidentally missed a dose one night and figured it out the next night. So I took the correct dose then and the missed dose the next morning, about 12 hours later. Then I was back on track. I'm not sure if that was the correct way to do it, probably not, but when I went to the lab 2 weeks later I was right in range.

I still firmly believe that testing to often causes issues because you are constantly chasing a number. I test monthly at best and am almost always in range. Had a blip several months ago, but I attribute that to getting older and those moaning whores that won't leave me alone!

Seems there is no rhyme nor reason for my volatile IRN readings..

Recent history from calendar = Nov 24th past - new PCP and first blood draw in over 7 years - Lab = 2.5/CoaguChek = 2.4. I do depend on that machine..

Next draw - Dec 28 = 2.0
Next draw - Jan 08 = 2.2
Next draw - Feb 02 = 1.1..:eek:

Obviously I'm too low, yep, time to go back to the old dose of 10mg daily. Like Mizz Rain always said, "INR = It's Never Right"..

Karlynn..I didn't really have the 'morning after' those martinis just one of those manbearpigs chasin' me..:D Ah Lisa, shuck off those moaners..:D

I don't often check in. But...was thinking about you today Janie:). Here you are.

Bounce o rama is my life story. I remain on the same dose and it is what it is. If I go down 10% it's too much and I crash. If I forget a dose. Down to nothing.

Don't think any one of yes can eat, do, sleep, breath the same every day. It's just impossible. Happy to hear you are going back to your old dosing schedule. Always remember what our old friend Mr. Ludwick stated. "Bleeding is reversable. Clotting is not".

Won't be long and we will be in STL:) Hope all is well otherwise.
Hugs and hello to the better half;)

Janie,
Like Gina said I don't get around here much either, but your post really concerned me.
Please let us know you are back in range and doing well. You are far too good a friend to a lot of us, and we don't want anything to happen to you.
On a lighter note I have to say as we get a little older, sometimes things just slip our aging minds.:eek:So you pay attention young lady.
Rich

I’m wondering if time of day makes a difference or perhaps the moon’s phase? I also had a low 1.7 yesterday but blood was taken later in the day – The last time 2 weeks ago I was 3.7 my norm is between 2 and 3 – the dr. has allowed me to try some adjustments on my own since my family tends not to be vegetable lovers.

Back