Incision

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisou

Hi everyone, can anybody tell me what I can put on my incision it went keloid the whole incision is like a rope and very itchy any suggestion as to what I can use for relief.

Thank You

Lise,
I heard it from many people too, vitamin E which I am trying to use. I tried Mederma which I read about in a book, but I am not sure...my incision was better before I started it! Maybe it has to worsen before it becomes better:confused::D:rolleyes:

A lot of people have the itching problem! :( I think that is part of the healing process, but it is certainly annoying. Sometimes the topical lotions and oils make the itching worse, but certainly worth a try.

As far as the ropey thing goes, I am still trying to manage mine. Lotions did not help. Acupuncture and time did. I did not massage my scar... that was a mistake. The keloid is a confused healing. I think there is not enough blood flow to the skin/wound site and so by gentle but consistent massage (I dunno, 2 or 3 times of 5 minutes a day??) can get the healing going.

There has been much discussion here about scars, so if you do a search on scars or keloid you'll have a good amount of reading to do!

Good luck

Marguerite

CURAD SCAR THERAPY WORKED MIRACLES FOR ME AFTER MY FIRST SURGERY. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM
Lettitia

When they discharged me yesterday they gave me a new prescripton strength ointment. I have a bad keeloid problem so anything is worth a try. It's called Kelo-cote made by Advanced Bio-Technologies. You can't use it until 8 weeks after surgery.

an ointment might help the itching, but so far there has not been a truly successful scar ointment to help to make it pale or prevent the keloid. Wishing you well and hope one of those mentioned here might help.

Latest posts

Back