"In the waiting room??" What qualifies???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By this definition, I guess I have been in the waiting room for 12 years (I mean the living room - sounds sooo much better .. :)) - because from the date of my first echo, my cardio told me that I would have to have AVR one day. But it wasn't until recently that things have taken a turn for the worse and now I'm getting echos every few months and I've interviewed surgeons so now I am officially waiting around - could still be for another few years yet though as by last measurement AVA was 1.0 to 1.2 cm2.

I admire 2leafer's attempt to escape his future by healthy living - and that is what I am trying to do too so as to be in the best physical and mental shape possible when the time comes - but my cardio says lifestyle didn't cause my AS and it won't make it go away either. So I wait..... quit hogging the remote Steve!!

Rhena

I entered the "waiting room" at age 15 after my first catherization when I was told that I would definitely need my valve replaced someday.

Made it 42 years before my surgery.

I always knew it was coming, but really didn't dwell on it.

I did go through a period when I considered whether or not I should get married and have a family. I didn't know what my life expectancy was going to be and thought it might be irresponsible to leave a family behind at a relatively young age.

I'm glad I went ahead and led a "normal" life. I've got two grown kids with college degrees and good jobs and my wife and I will be celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary this year.

Mark

If they just gave you a shot of Valium, and they are shaving you in places you have never shaved yourself and you really don't care! ... You may be in the waiting room! :D

"by last measurement AVA was 1.0 to 1.2 cm2"

I see measurments like this posted all over the site..... is this a measurement that would be found on my Echo?

What are the values from normal to mild, moderate or severe stenosis???

Latest posts

Back