I'm I just being demanding?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbrn

I tried to schedule my 24 hour holter monitor today. I try to get it done a couple of weeks before my scheduled appointment so the results are available at the time of the appointment. It means that I come to the office 3 times instead of 2. I called today and the only time they would schedule it was at 8:00 AM. It did not matter which day. They always did them at 8AM now. I explained that I did not get off work until close to midnight and there was no way I could make it back by that time. I actually try to do it on a work day because I am the most active and more likely to get arrythmias. They said they are to busy to do it any other time of day. I plan on doing it like everyone else than and have it put on after the appointment. I only have to go to the office twice than anyway.

Debbie

I don't think you're being demanding. I think they're being unreasonable and arbitrary. Can you wait and discuss the situation with the cardiologist when he asks why you haven't worn the holter monitor this time around?

If the cardio asks why I will be more than glad to tell him. This is just my local cardio and I only see him to have a local cardio. All decisions are made by my out of state cardio. I have a feeling that the only 2 choices I will have is to do it during my work week and get little sleep, or do it on my off week and not stressing my heart near as hard. This particular university hospital thinks patients should jump whenever they say jump. As a nurse some of my co-workers feel the same way. When I bragged that where I had surgery they waited until I woke up to do my lab work and other tests, some of my co-workers stated "you weren't at a hotel, you were in the hospital". My current hospital were I work draws the morning labs at 4 or 5 in the morning. Some of the nurses don't seem to understand why some parents refuse midnight vital signs and then 5 am labs. Its very difficult to heal when you are not given a chance to sleep.

I understand that my cardio's office is getting busier and busier without more and more staff. They have carved out the first hour of the day for holter monitors before the office patients have arrived. I could appreciate that if the staff apologized instead of acting like I was the one being difficult. The tech called back after I cancelled the holter to ask "why I was so upset. The secretary was just doing what she was asked to do." Then she continued with how busy the staff was without any regard to my schedule.

Debbie

Could you ask them to send it to you and you put it on? We've done that before, and NO you are NOT being too demanding seem to be more than reasonable to me to offer to make an extra trip so they have the results before th appt.

Thats a good idea Lyn. I had not thought about that. It is probably to late for this year, but maybe next year.

Debbie

Could you ask them to send it to you and you put it on? We've done that before, and NO you are NOT being too demanding seem to be more than reasonable to me to offer to make an extra trip so they have the results before th appt.

How does the patient know where to place the electrodes?

Latest posts

Back