I was expecting to feel bette by now

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good one

good one

ctyguy said:
Im 42, pretty darn healthy, and had an AVR. After two weeks I was flopped on my butt pretty much all the time and I STILL was taking two or three naps a day. I think that truck that hit most everybody else swung my way too because it seems getting up to get the channel changer and fighting with the blanket to get wrapped back up in the recliner was enough for me to need another nap !

That made me laugh thank you

I had similiar mitral valve repair 6 weeks ago. At 2 weeks I was really tired and napped more than my cats. Recovery is like a roller coaster ride. You will have bad days but they will get fewer and easier to handle with time.Today is the first day I have had no pain in my chest. I skipped out of work early and went fishing this afternoon.:D By 6:30 I was wasted. Good news is that your energy level will increase each day.Hang in there!:)

be patient......you have a long road ahead of you. You need to think positive and understand that you body has been through a trauma and it will take time to heal. I am 7 weeks post op and still recovering. Take care of your self and learn to relax!!

Welcome!

I'm 48, wasn't in the greatest health before surgery (symptomatic from the valve damage) and it was a year before I felt great again. At 2 weeks I still felt crushed by that proverbial truck. By 6 months I felt pretty good, at a year downright great! Warning, there will be ups & downs, great days and bad days for months to come. The bad days become further apart, and are usually preceded by overdoing it / lack of sleep. At 15 months out I had only 1/2 a bad day last month! It was the day after my teens had a rollicking good night that left me robbed of some dearly needed sleep :eek: I chalk that up as "normal".

I wish you all the best in your continued recovery.

Peace,
Ruth

Good Going

Good Going

I was 33 when I had Mitral Valve replaced with mechnical (that's 9 months ago). I was in hospital for 12 days. Started feeling OK only after 20-25 days post surgery. I guess you are doing great after 15 days. Good going but do not stress yourself too much.

well, compared to most, I had an easy time of it, but was still wiped at 2 weeks out. showering and dressing sent me scurrying off to the couch for a nap ! Hang in there, it will get better. It is a big operation, you are under anaesthetic for a long time, it takes your body a long time to get rid of all that stuff.

Hi , Im new too .
Im 2 mos postop and am still SOB and have trouble with stairs.
While Im only 42 , I had some permanent damage done to my rt ventricle,
so Im sure you will be much better than I am by 2 mos.
I mean at 2 weeks ,I was still in the hospital!
So you are ahead of schedule .

Lotsaluck< Dina

Latest posts

Back