I want to fix all my issues at once, Doctor is not on board, what to do?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would consult with another surgeon or two. I hope that I only need the one surgery. I have the ON-X with the ascending aorta prosthesis and complete hemi-arch reconstruction.
I am nine weeks post-op and have my first post-op echo tomorrow. I am doing fine, Coumadin has not been a problem.

Just that you need to ask says you need another opinion.

When you question any position your surgeon has, IMO, it needs to be investigated further. In the end, you may decide you agree with his position but it is your body and you need to agree with all your surgeon plans for you before you pick him to be your surgeon.

All the best and please let us know how it goes for you as you progress through the process of choosing a surgeon and scheduling.

Several of the top-rated heart centers, including the Cleveland Clinic, offer a second opinion service. You can have your medical records and test results sent there for review by some of the best surgeons and cardiologists available. Your situation and family history sound like a complicated set of circumstances. I think you should seek a second opinion from a place where complicated cases are the norm.

Back