I sneezed!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski girl

This is a milestone for me that my family and friends don't seem to understand but lots of you will . . . I'm four weeks post-op and I sneezed today and IT DIDN'T HURT.

How long did it take for everyone else to sneeze without checking to see if their chest had popped open?

The dreaded sneeze! I found all kinds of ways to stop the "sneeze" for about 1.5 weeks but one slipped out. Ouch! About 4 weeks till no more pain as well.

Small victories!!! Rejoice!! That IS what this recovery stuff is all about.

Congratulations. Sneeze away!

Marguerite

Wow! Glad you're okay :)

I was caught unawares by my first post-op sneeze, several weeks or a few months after surgery, and it was very painful :eek2:

I've always known I am a slow healer.....but believe it or not, it took me several MONTHS, before I felt comfortable with a sneeze, or heaven forbid a cough!

CONGRATULATIONS, that is terrfic!!!

I am with Kathy on this one it took about 3 months until sneezing wasn't painful.
Coughing was OK after the first couple of days, and these first few days are when the hospital staff are telling you to cough.

Latest posts

Back