I really did a job on myself

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's even more frustrating... i work for state univ. and classes were canceled but workday for faculty and staff. at 8:30 the gov. shut everything down for everyone, if only i could have seen into the future.

i am planning a big excursion today - going to the mall to get my hair washed:)

Cris, you may have said this with tongue in cheek but it IS a mighty important excursion to get your hair washed! I've spent some time recovering from orthopedic injuries during the last few years and if I could have a choice for nice clean hair or a pain pill I would have chosen the clean hair. If your hair is clean you just feel better. If your hair is dirty, taking a pain pill will only do so much.:)

I know there is no really convenient time for injuries like yours but you could have picked out one better than this! You didn't even get to enjoy your snow day. I hope you heal rapidly!

Cris, you may have said this with tongue in cheek but it IS a mighty important excursion to get your hair washed! I've spent some time recovering from orthopedic injuries during the last few years and if I could have a choice for nice clean hair or a pain pill I would have chosen the clean hair. If your hair is clean you just feel better. If your hair is dirty, taking a pain pill will only do so much.:)

I know there is no really convenient time for injuries like yours but you could have picked out one better than this! You didn't even get to enjoy your snow day. I hope you heal rapidly!
Actually not tongue in cheek at all. It felt wonderful!

And I found a place today that sold me, as Lynlw put it, an elephant condom! That's exactly what it looks like... ummm, not that I've ever seen one... So, now I can take a real shower instead of sponge baths:)

And I found a place today that sold me, as Lynlw put it, an elephant condom! That's exactly what it looks like... ummm, not that I've ever seen one... So, now I can take a real shower instead of sponge baths:)

Yes! Good for you! I have one of those that I used both when I broke my foot and then later when I had the ankle fusion. It looks like a huge transparent Christmas stocking for a Giant! It was so roomy and I never so much as got my cast or dressings even damp. I'm glad you have one. There is nothing like being clean.

I'm glad you found them. it makes life so much nicer than garbage bags and tape that NEVER keep the water out.
So did you have trouble not laughing when you were buying it?

Since it was nicely packaged I couldn't really see it til I got home. Took it out of the box and yep, that's what it looked like. DH and I had a good laugh. Bad news right now is that I can't get it on - too much swelling and bruising on upper arm. But once I get the cast changed it will probably be fine. So, it was garbage bag and tape - stayed dry though. How wonderful to take a shower - bit embarrassing to have to get help shaving an armpit and scrubbing the arm, but you do what you gotta do. I do remember the phrase... for better or worse. This is not falling under the better part:)

Cris, I used clingfilm on mine, worked well, and, between full showers, I had what I called "mini-baths"; just a few inches of water in the bathtub, and I could keep my wrapped arm out of the water for the most part. I also had a fibre-glass cast, so it wasn't such a big deal, I just needed to keep the ends dry.

As far as the "for better or for worse part" goes, my cast was on in such a way that (excuse the graphic description) I couldn't bend my arm round far enough to wipe after a number 2; DH had to "give me a hand" for quite some time!

Drinkin' arm is intact! If not, I'd switch arms:)

As far as the "for better or for worse part" goes, my cast was on in such a way that (excuse the graphic description) I couldn't bend my arm round far enough to wipe after a number 2; DH had to "give me a hand" for quite some time!

You got me beat on that one!

Cris, I used clingfilm on mine, worked well, and, between full showers, I had what I called "mini-baths"; just a few inches of water in the bathtub, and I could keep my wrapped arm out of the water for the most part. I also had a fibre-glass cast, so it wasn't such a big deal, I just needed to keep the ends dry.

Ok I know I shouldn't ask...but that never stopped me,, why couldn't you just use your other hand?

Back