I have a date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grammyfour

Finally they called this afternoon to tell me my surgery: Repair of two leaky valves Aorta and Mitral and removal of an obstruction below the aorta is scheduled for April 1st at UCLA Hospital. Now the crazy part starts. Tomorrow I have to have a Corotid Doppler, and a chest X-ray, and Friday I have to have blood work and an EKG, and Tuesday a type and cross match. I guess they want me to keep busy, so I won't get nervous. It's not working.
I will try to keep in touch. You guys are great.

Finally they called this afternoon to tell me my surgery: Repair of two leaky valves Aorta and Mitral and removal of an obstruction below the aorta is scheduled for April 1st at UCLA Hospital. Now the crazy part starts. Tomorrow I have to have a Corotid Doppler, and a chest X-ray, and Friday I have to have blood work and an EKG, and Tuesday a type and cross match. I guess they want me to keep busy, so I won't get nervous. It's not working.

Congratulations!
I've just put you on the calendar, so you're official!:) You will be busy in the next few days, but I hope you drop around at least once a day to let us know how you're doing.:)

Glad you got a date. Sounds like they are keeping you busy and out of trouble.:)
Keep us posted on the tests. Most of those tests bring back memories.:rolleyes:
Good luck!

I'm glad things are moving along. I'm curious why are they making you have blood work Friday and Tuesday? Why can't they just do all of the blood work tuesday when they do the T&C?

The hosptial is 35 miles away, so they are doing all the tests locally, but UCLA won't accept the type and cross match from anywhere else. So I have to just go into LA once before surgery. They want me there at 5:30 am the day of surgery!

My heart hospital was 1 1/2 hours away and we went a few times.
Surgeon visits, heart cath, pre-op, and the surgery. I was pooped.
But I didn't go in at 5:30 the day of surgery, they called me in a couple of days early and let me spend the night.
That was fantastic!
Wow, you are moving fast. No time to spare. No time to freak out. :)

The hosptial is 35 miles away, so they are doing all the tests locally, but UCLA won't accept the type and cross match from anywhere else. So I have to just go into LA once before surgery. They want me there at 5:30 am the day of surgery!

Ahh that makes sense I was thinking they were having you drive to the same Hospital every day for something else that could all be done in 1 day.

Congratulations on getting your date. UCLA is a fine hospital. My husband had triple by-pass surgery there in 2004. They took great care of him. We live in San Fernando, CA and I made that drive everyday for the entire 5 days he was there WHEW!! that 405 is a bear... Anyway, try to keep us posted and I will be thinking of you come the April 1. :D

Back