I got a new question/concern!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayden

I have developed this week what I think is a sinus infection with nose bleed and problem swallowing. Is this somehow connected with my OHS from August 2004 or am I worrying about things that I should not be?

:)

I wouldn't see a connection to your surgery. This is a time of year for sinus infections with the seasonal allergies and weather changes.

However, since you are a valve patient, you want to make sure you haven't (or don't) develop a bacterial infection. If you do, you definitely want to get on antibiotics to protect your valve.

Tea with lemon and honey will help your throat.

One of our members posted some time ago that her doctor had kindly reminded her that she had other systems than her cardiovascular. If you have a sinus infection you need to have it treated and trouble swallowing, unless because of a minor sore throat, is something that also should be checked. I can't think of a connection with your heart except you don't want to be walking around with an untreated infection. Just my thoughts.. ;)

Latest posts

Back