I finally got my report, can you help please with the numbers?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzzlingdani

Hi Guys, I posted in another thread that I am new and I was waiting for the echo report so I can post my numbers. So here they are, please take a look and tell me what you think. One report is recent and one from 2005 so you can help me to determine my rate of progression.

Echo Report done on 2/18/09

LV Diastole 4.9cm
LV Systole 2.8 cm
Aortic Root 3.1 cm
Left Atrium 3.4 cm
Septum Diastole 0.9 cm
LV Free Wall 0.8 cm
States that Left Ventricle infraction is 60%, normal geometry and function
Aortic Valve appears to be bicuspid, mild (1-2+) central aortic regurgitation
Mitral Valve has no distinct prolapse, there is mild (1+) mitral regurgitaion.
Trace tricuspid regurgitation with normal aerty systolic pressures at rest
No pulmonic regurgitation
Preserved Right right ventricle geometry and function

Echo results from 3/2005

LV Diastole 4.9cm
LV Systole 2.8 cm
Aortic Root 2.7 cm
Left Atrium 3.4 cm
Septum Diastole 0.8 cm
LV Free Wall 0.9 cm
States that Left Ventricle normal geometry and function, no evidence of segmental wall motion abnormalities, or Hypertrophy
Aortic Valve appears to be bicuspid, somewhat sclerotic, mild aortic insufficiency
Mitral Valve prolapse identifed with mild myomatous changes in Mitral Valve
Mild Mitral and Tricuspid insufficiency
No pulmonic regurgitation
Preserved Right right ventricle geometry and function

How are my numbers? I noticed my aortic root grew a bit. Also, I am very concerned how the one Dr in 2005 states mitral valve prolapse and my new cardio swears to me he doesn't see that. That can't just go away? Opinions please.

The only thing that I can see which seems to be going in the wrong direction is the aortic root. However, from everything I have read on this site, I think you have a long way to go before it becomes a problem. I would just keep having it checked regularly.

This being said, there are people on this site who know a lot more about the aortic root than I do.

It looks pretty good to me.:)
The root is showing an increased size, but it's still not large and is the same measurement as mine.
No mention of stenosis on the 2009 echo and the regurgitation is considered mild at this point.
The mitral valve shows mild regurgitation, but it doesn't appear to be anything serious.
All in all it looks like a good report with little change since 2005. I assume he will have you undergo an echo every two years, maybe only one, but I wouldn't worry about dissection, and right now, there's not much to worry about with the bicuspid aortic valve either.
Thanks for sharing the reports, and I hope you aren't quite so worried.
Once again, welcome to VR!

Actually Mary, I forgot to add.. the 2009 report states Mitral and Aortic Valve focally thickened..whatever that means lol

MY (non-professional) interpretation of your Echo Reports are that Yes, there are some 'Heart Issues' going on but are not yet severe enough to warrant invasive procedures (i.e. Surgery).

You should be monitored REGULARLY, at least once every 2 years, but I would want to tested every year 'just to be safe' and not let things progress too rapidly.

'AL Capshaw'

Al, thank you the cardio said i have to come back next year and if all goes well next year then i can go every 2 yrs. but liek you said..I much rather go every yr for my own peace of mind.

I am gonna wait the year right now only because there was minimal growth (thank goodness) between my echos that were 4 yrs apart

I wonder also why in 2005 it says that prolapse is identified,and in 2009,it
doesn't. Maybe the doc in 2009 is speaking in degrees when says no
"distinctive" prolapse,it could be a borderline abnormality where some will
interpret it as a problem and others feel its not pathological.
I would try to get another in 6 months by a different doctor and see what the tie-breaking opinion is.

Good idea Dina. I am a bit concerned on why one report says prolapse and the other one doesn't I even asked this cardiologist about it and he said he didn't see it. SO yea in 6 mos I will try a different dr and see what that one says.

Latest posts

Back