I am thinking about moving

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debbrn

Work has become intolerable. I was talking to a friend of mine about work and she suggested moving to Nashville. She asked me what was keeping me in my current town. I had not thought about moving. She suggested Nashville and my sister lives in Cincinnati so I may consider there.

Does anyone have experience living in either town or the children's hospital in either town?

Debbie

I can't answer any questions about the cities you mention, but I will put a plug in for our town and the hospital where my husband has been employed since 1979. We're in Cape Girardeau, MO and the hospital is St. Francis Medical Center. It recently won the award for one of Modern Healthcare's Best 100 Places to Work. This is the fifth year in a row that the medical center has been named. They do have a NICU and a new pediatric ward.
Cape is 2 and a half hours north of Memphis, four hours north of Nashville. The unemployment rate is low; a little over 6%.
Anyway, you might want to check out the website for job openings: www.sfmc.net
Good luck whatever you decide.

I don't know where you are in the southeast, but let me mention Charleston, SC for your consideration.

The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) has a highly rated children's hospital:

http://www.musckids.com

PLus, Charleston itself is just a delightful city -- lots of history, culture, recreation....

South Carolina overall has quite an array of medical services, but Charleston might be your best bet if you want to work at a children's hospital. Perhaps others from this area will have other suggestions.

Good luck!

P.S. Check out the 25th birthday video on the musckids website. It's delightful.

P.S.S. Check out "careers" on the site for current job openings.

Last edited:
I would consider Nashville. Lived in Memphis for 5 years. Visited Nashville on a regular basis. Would have preferred living in Nashville over Memphis.

I have not been on the boards in many moons. We have a member.... Robthatsme. He lives in the greater Nashville area. We have met in person. Perhaps he will be along soon to answer your questions. Healthcare is to be top notch as well. Good luck!

I never heard from Vanderbilt. I called the nurse recruiter and that was useless. I think I have found a job on a different unit at the same hospital I currently work at. I talked to the head nurse on the phone last friday. It would be part-time but enough hours to get insurance. She is going to call me on monday after she talks to HR. She is hoping that she can keep me on as lead nurse for the shift after I orient to the new unit. That way I get to keep my position and pay rate. The more she talked the better it sounded.

Debbie

Thank you N Jean. My possible new head nurse is waiting to talk to the nurse recruiter that apparently is not in the office. Hopefully I will hear something in the next day or two.

Debbie

My new head nurse called. She finally got a hold of the nurse recruiter. For now I will be able to keep my position as lead nurse and pay. Yeah. I have turned in my notice and am waiting for the 2 head nurses to talk for the final date of transfer.

Debbie

Glad you found something right there that makes you happy. Of Course I would have suggested you moving to Phila :) IF you ever cnsidr moving by your sister Cinn childrens hospital has a really great ACHA Cardioloist, who helped write the Besthesda guidelines for taking care of ACHDers, he used to be Justin's at CHOP/HUP

Latest posts

Back