I am so excited!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

I just wanted to share my excitement with you all. I have booked a holiday today, it will be the first proper time I have been abroad. I went away with school to Germany, but that was an educational trip.

We are going on a coach tour with a company called Trafalgar Tours and are doing a tour called the European Interlude, the places we will be visiting are Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine Valley, Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna, Venice, Rome, Florence, Lugano, Lucern and finally Paris. It is for 15 days, 14 nights.

Just need to pray that my warafrin level is stable and I dont need any blood tests while away, should be ok as I am on 2 weekly appointments at the moment and go away 22 weeks tomorrow!

Yippee!!

Katie
xx:)

Not to disappoint you, but you may want to get an ongoing prescription for INR testing , 22 weeks is far too long not to test. Outside of that, have fun and enjoy life.

So Katie, you go on holiday 22 weeks from tomorrow....in June sometime? Perfect.
Like Ross said, make sure you bring a prescription with you for INR testing and you won't have any problem.
My Mom went to Germany when she was a kidney dialysis/transplant patient. The Canadian Kidney Foundation assured her that she would not be denied any overseas treatment should it be necessary and she made sure that she had good travel insurance.
---My favourite visit was to Salzburg----Amsterdam was a bit strange for me. :)

I think Katie means she will be going on her vacation 22 weeks from today but her trip is only for 15 days, correct Katie?

So if you're testing your INR every two weeks & you have been stable enough, then you can test when you return from your trip. But either way, take an Rx as was recommended by Bina & Ross with you just in case.

Have a wonderful trip! :)

Katie,
I hope you have a digital camera so you can post pictures here of all those beautiful places~~Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine Valley, Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna, Venice, Rome, Florence, Lugano, Lucern and finally Paris.

John

Katie,
I hope you have a digital camera so you can post pictures here of all those beautiful places~~Amsterdam, Cologne, Rhine Valley, Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna, Venice, Rome, Florence, Lugano, Lucern and finally Paris.

John

Stop it, your making me jealous. :mad::D

Have fun, you'll be fine. Just don't forget the Warfarin. Last time I flew anywhere I had Warfarin in hold luggage and Warfarin in hand luggage, not that I'm paranoid or anything.

Latest posts

Back