I am moving on!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngmom

Its has been a while since I posted anything but I have been reading the other post. Well, I am leaving my husband and taking my son to start a new life. Pray for us please. My soon to be ex is trying to use this bad heart thingy to get my son. He said I am sick and can't take care of my son. Ha, I work everyday never miss any time and I will be fine. He is saying the passing out spells I was having puts my son in danger and I could kill over anytime. Can you believe that. He is not my son father. My sons father died in a car accident when he was little so therefore my ex feels he can prove he is the only dad my son had. He can't handle the stress of me bieing sick but he thinks he can handle a six year old. So much for sickness and in health. I have no doubts I will be fine, I am not dying. Shoot he could be dying and not know so I have the advantage. Anyway medical bills and stress really shows how much fight a person has. So stay posted and watch me beat ALL of this.

Good luck youngmom. I don't remember how long ago your surgery was, but hopefully you're past the worst part of the recovery so you can focus on this other stuff going on. I know you'll be fine. Since you made it through this major surgery, you can certainly make it through the moving on. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear you have the need for your marriage to end but wish you and your dear son the very best.
Of course, you'll do fine. Your post is full of strength and determination.
You always have a hug waiting for you here should you need or want one.
Good luck.

I wish you luck with your new life. Sometimes we do have to move on both for ourselves and our families. Sometimes our spouses just don't understand what our problems are and don't want to take time to read and learn. I am sorry you have to deal with this, but your attitude sounds good. There will be good days and bad. Keep looking forward as you walk hand and hand with your son into a new future. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Pat

Knowing very little about your situation I nevertheless would like to mention this possibility: Is there a chance you two could go to counseling together and see if the marriage could be saved? It is plain from what you say that he badly misunderstands valve surgery and life after it. A third party might help him understand. Maybe there are compromises to be made on both sides. I am just venturing this thought out of good will and concern. Best wishes to you.

Most of us who have been through heart surgery will have little trouble understanding all the stress this business can put on any and all personal relationships. Nearly nine years after surgery for me, and still my wife can't possibly know what I went through -- which is good, since the only way she could is if she also had the surgery. It doesn't look from your profile like you've had surgery yet. I second Superbob's words: take your time, think it through, try to work it out so that you stay together. You didn't tell us much about the situation, but if this is stress from the anticipated surgery (which affects everything), give it time, please.

Good grief! I am so sorry for what you are going through. A major illness can certainly strain a marriage, but it can also make it stronger. However yours ends up, I wish you strength and peace.

Move On!

Move On!

Your husband sounds like a real dumb ass. Dump him and move on with your life. There are too many great people out there to waste your time in a relationship that won't work. People deserve to be happy and enjoy their relationships.

What a creep... you're splitting-up and he wants to steal your kid... what's up with that?

Get the best lawyer you can!

-Philip

Thanks for all the advice and Phillip he is a dumb butt. He too has a heart problem, he doesn't have one.........

I too, would encourage some third party intervention and at least attempt to see if things can't be worked out. I don't know your situation either, so I don't know precisely how bad it is at this point.

Sorry to hear you have the need for your marriage to end but wish you and your dear son the very best.
Of course, you'll do fine. Your post is full of strength and determination.
You always have a hug waiting for you here should you need or want one.
Good luck.

I cannot think of any better way to say it that jkm7 did, so am echoing! I read recently that sometimes having a major health crisis can be a catalyst in someone discovering that there is a toxic relationship that needs to be ended. Divorce is not fun, never easy, always an unfortunate situation, but often is therapeutic and allows a better life after it has been accomplished. You go girl!

Your husband sounds like a real dumb ass. Dump him and move on with your life. There are too many great people out there to waste your time in a relationship that won't work. People deserve to be happy and enjoy their relationships.

What a creep... you're splitting-up and he wants to steal your kid... what's up with that?

Get the best lawyer you can!

-Philip

Yes, this, double ditto!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back