I am having a-fib for the first time, back in the ER

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Luckily last night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep shortly after posting. I just woke up and still lying down, and still having what I think to be PVCs. I've had them for years but my heart was always weak so the PVCs felt less strong. It just seems odd to me that I'm on an anti-arrythmic and now I'm having so many PVCs. I hope it's just temporary while adjusting to the drugs. It's annoying. I called my cardiologist so I should hear from her soon and then hopefully if I can describe these beats well enough she can tell me they are indeed PVCs and not any dangerous palp.

Michelle, unfortunately, the drug you are taking for a-fib may not control the pvc's and as I found out after battling these things for the last two years, some cardiac drugs can actually make them worse. I think a lot of people are under the impression that once they have their valve repaired, all of their rhythm issues will be gone. That just isn't the case, and in fact, they can become worse for either a short period of time or longer term, depending on other factors going on with your heart. I hope that your cardio will be able to give you peace of mind about what is going on.

Kim

Just talk to my cardio. She said since the Sotalol has my heart rate so much lower especially when I'm trying to sleep that may be the cause of my night time palps which she does think they are PVCs, so she thinks I should try getting out of bed and walking around a bit to get my heart rate up if they are bothering me too much. Luckily she's on call this weekend. I'm taking 80mg twice a day and she said if this becomes too bothersome I can split my night time dose in half. But for now I'll keep it where it's at because I don't want to risk having a-fib again.

Try to relax the best you can. Stress can trigger pvc's.Take deep breaths and let them out slow.I have had pvc's for years and know how you feel.I do much better if I exercise everyday.It can be as little as walking.Try to think positve thoughts.You will get through this!

Latest posts

Back