I am going to do it........

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this decision is difficult, I just had to make it myself (surgery is scheduled for 9/9). You are young and I know that makes it even more difficult. Fear is so natural...we are only human. I don't know your religious beliefs, but I found that prayer has helped me a great deal, you need to turn it over to God. I really like this verse:

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." (Isaiah 12:2)

and this one:

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." (Psalm 34:4)

This site is so wonderful to be able to talk to all these wonderful folks who have been through this before. Just keep posting your concerns and you will keep through.

Hang in there.

Lori

Ged,
I am so glad you are going to have surgery! You and I are the same age, so you should recover quickly (mine was three years ago). I wish you all the best!

Hugs,

good on you Ged know exactly what you are going through its hard but we know it has to be done before damage is permanent, when i saw my surgeon back a few mnths ago and we discussed timing he said 3 -4 months would not make a great deal of difference in my case hope its the same for you

Dear Ged 1975
I just read your post and feel badly for you. I know it is scary to go through this surgery. For myself I let it go until I really had bad symptoms - don't do that. I can tell you that I did not have pain after the surgery. There is some discomfort, but I had no pain. I felt good the next day. Of course you will be on pain medicine, but I was talking to my family that came to the ICU.

Latest posts

Back