Husband's Surgery May 7, Northwestern (and a Thank You)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Amanda, hope Devon is now off the vent and breathing on his own,
thinking of you both,
Love Sarah xxxx

Glad to hear Devon is on the mend! I hope that he has progressed enough to be off the breathing tube too. That was the worst part of the surgery for me. It's all downhill from here hopefully. Best of luck to both of you!

Tom

Cool! Soon they will have the tube out. After that sleep is so much better. . .

Ohhh....amen.

Glad it all went well!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
* rNwJumpStartCruzNite | 5:30-10:30p; SAT, 05/12/12 | BeefVilla, 1225 W Spring St, S Elgin IL *
"Just aim beyond the clouds" __ Barry Manilow __ 'I Made It Through The Rain'

Amanda, hope all is still going well. My hubby just had the same surgery at Northwestern yesterday. Maybe I'll run into you around the step down unit which we hope hubby will be getting into today.

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for your continued support. Devon says hello.

Things are going well. The breathing tube finally came out after about 5-6 hours. And you're right, things were so much better after. Yesterday, Devon got transferred to the step down unit. Took 2 walks and has been using the spirometer as much as possible (as you all have recommended!). Pain seems really manageable. Had a good night's sleep last night (both of us), which has made for a good morning thus far. We are taking good notes and will do a post-surgery recap from Devons perspective once we get home.

SusQ - hope to see you on floor 11 soon. Feel free to PM me. After every little milestone - breathing tube out, chest tube #1 out, first walk - I see improvement in Devon both physically and mentally. Hang in there.

Really hoping Devon is not one of the four who went back to the ICU last night. Bill isn't. They think he may be going home tomorrow.

Back