Hubby had surgery, possibly having another!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLLEEN S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi friends,
Like it or not, thats what you are to me. My hubby had a bad hernia repair done 2 weeks ago, and I have been off the boards helping him recover. Additionally, he is facing a possible 6TH!!!! sinus surgery. Naturally, living in Md we are going to Johns Hopkins Sinus Center. He has an appt this week. Please add him (Mike) to your prayers.
Hugs,

I got a guy up here in Jersey who can take care of sinus problems in one session. It takes about ten minutes in his office, and it involves a crowbar and some screaming, but I have to admit the results are pretty good...

Best wishes,

I got a guy up here in Jersey who can take care of sinus problems in one session. It takes about ten minutes in his office, and it involves a crowbar and some screaming, but I have to admit the results are pretty good...

Best wishes,

eek.gif

Colleen:

Sorry your hubby had a bad hernia repair and is possibly facing another surgery, for sinus problems.

Hopefully, if he does need sinus surgery, he'll recover pretty quickly -- and it will be a success.

I'm sure sinus surgery is a far, far cry from what my dad went through in the late 1930s or early 1940s. I shuddered when I heard the details years ago. :eek:

Hubby in my thoughts and prayers Colleen. Keep us updated on how he is doing. Hopefully he won't have to have another surgery. Sinus problems make you miserable..

Colleen,ive been off quite abit too on site, and seeing this now
Adding you and hubby in my prayers,all the best

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your good wishes!
I am happy to say, the dr at Hopkins, Dr Lane, based on 2 visits and a 64 slice CT, said he doesnt need surgery...there were no polyps but one and that the inflammation is due to an increased IgE level. He is going next week to the allergist there to have further testing done. His pulmologist in Salisbury, seems to feel he would benefit from Xolair therapy. They are very $$$$. Like a thousand a month, but hopefully we can get in a test group or get it at a reduced rate (astrazeneca has set up programs for people). Thanks for posting all.

Latest posts

Back