Hubby (bbuck) surgery done and successful

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SusQ

Hey everyone. Just a quick note before I'm able to go into ICU to see him. All went well. He was on the heart lung machine about 2 hours, but repairs were extensive. AVR with dacron aorta replacement. Heart restarted no problem, valve working like a champ. Doc said arteries look good too, as he gave them a good visual while he was in. He also decided to use a combo of plates and wires on his sternum.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Excellent news! Still sending good vibes for a speedy ICU stay and smooth recovery. Take care!!

Tom

He's off the respirator and joked a bit. Typical bbuck.

On a side note, why dont they make longer hospital beds. Poor hubby's feet are either pressed against the footboard or dangling off the end. So uncomfortable.

Great news! Since I am just one of those people that has to find a silver lining to everything...

He may find the short bed helpful when trying to adjust positions. It can be tough when you can't use your arms and for me, it was hard to use abs right away as well. I had problems because my feet didn't reach the end unless I slid way down in the bed.

Glad he's doing well.

animatedFireworks.gif

Thanks for the update. Hopefully, the beds are longer in the step-down unit. Was his joke funny, or very funny?

Great news,
So glad everything went well,
hope his recovery goes just as well :)
Love Sarah xxx

Thanks all. So far, so good still. Pain issues sorted. Walking well. Determined to follow orders for the best possible recovery.

However, the cardiologist who came in late last night said that he feels that hubby will never be able to return to his full work duties. He feels that the new valve and remaining portion of the aorta not replaced need to be protected. While not the end of the world, I wasn't quite expecting that.

Funny, but that was my biggest issue the first night. I kept sliding down and on at least 3 occasions 2 nurses had to come in and lift me up by sheets and pull me up.

I think it was once the drain tubes were out, I could move around better.

Happy to hear it went well.

Ok, my first post back on here, or comment I should say. Havent really felt like looking at the computer screen even tho I've felt ok. Anyhow, thank you to all of you for the support and the well wishes. Its one scary damn thing when they start to wheel you towards that operating room. I will never forget that moment, Or the one where my wonderful wife was talking to me as I came out of it. Thank you all again. this board is the best thing out there for people with our uniqueness. BBUCK

Latest posts

Back