How much Vitamin K do you consume?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much Vitamin K do you consume?

• Total voters
So many great responses. Just gaging how much of K-goodness all you good folks consume. I have been reading lots of more articles on benefits of Vit. K, and if I have to keep my doze higher to get in the good effects of Vit. K, I do not mind.

I"m not a big fan of stinky greens.

Our intakes of warfarin are highly individualized -- for some of us, 28 mg a week is plenty - even if we're taking K, and for others, 80 or 90 mg per week is just right even if we eat nothing with K in it.

Warfarin dosage seems to vary from person to person, and is probably nothing that is easy to predict (although there is genetic testing that is supposed to make it easier to predict what the therapeutic doses would be).

I do not pay any attention to the amount of Vit K I get. I do take a multivitamin that has 60% (or so) of the RDA. I eat cooked spinach about 2 x per week. I have a serving of broccoli a week. I pig out on asparagus when it's in season. I love salads and have one with spinach, romaine, and spring greens, edamamme & cucumbers about 3-4 times per week. I drink 4 oz of V8 every morning. BUT sometimes I don't get any salads during the week, and I don't eat asparagus unless it's in season. My INR is quite stable (my version of stable is anywhere between 2.0 & 4.5).

hey Bina I noticed you are a fellow canadian, I was wondering where you buy your coaguchek strips???if you buy them from London drugs
or from the states and if you buy them from the states do you pay much duty or tax???

thanks

hey Bina I noticed you are a fellow canadian, I was wondering where you buy your coaguchek strips???if you buy them from London drugs
or from the states and if you buy them from the states do you pay much duty or tax???

thanks

Hey Babs. I understand that the process might be different in BC, but my strips come from Quebec and are delivered to a nearby pharmacy in Ontario that Roche deals with. I pay $205 for 24 strips--- that lasts me 1 year testing every 2 weeks. My insurance pays 80%

I have been taking a 100mcgs of Vit-K-2 (capsule) and a salad every day and dose that diet 72-73 mils of Coumadin a week.

Latest posts

Back