How much did your valve cost?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adrienne, my OHS was done in Montreal, Quebec. When I met with the surgeon I adamantly refused to stay in a ward room. I offered to pay for a private room, but they could only give me a semi-private room. They never charged me anything.

Wayne, how did you get a private room for free? Here in the Province of Quebec, you get to be in a ward of 3 or 4 people for free. If you have group insurance from your job (I kept mine even after I retired), you can get a semi-private room free. If you want a private room, you have to pay out of your own pocket. I was actually willing to do that (I hate sharing rooms), but I was told that they kept the private rooms for people who were really doing badly.

My employer benefits cover a private room. They actually had quite a few people in private rooms at Toronto General. Space didn't seem to be an issue. When I went for my pre admission I asked for a private room and gave my insurance details and it didn't seem to be an issue. When I was rushed to the hospital for the pericardial tamponade drain surgery, they automatically gave me a private room because that's what I had when I was admitted for the OHS and they had the insurance info on record.

Just my valve alone cost $377,786 custom made! I could download any ring tone i want.. I pimped it out with diamonds and gold. LOL

Av replacement
April4/08

Latest posts

Back