How much did your valve cost?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

A detailed and itemized bill came from the hospital where I had my AVR.

My 'brand new' OnX 23mm heart valve cost $7,400. Best $7,400 my insurance ever spent.

I don't think my valve bill, hospital bill and surgeons bill was $7400 total and that included 10-12 days inpatient. I used to have the bill printout but it probably got used as packing material somewhere along the way. My, my, how times have changed:eek::eek:

Gee really not sure what the valve cost, but my 4 day hospital stay including the surgery (upon some investigating) was $25,000. But our Canadian Health Care system paid for it. Didn't have to pay a cent.

I just dug out my bills from my surgery last September. The combined total is just a few dollars over $197,00.00!! I had some complications and was in the hospital for 20 days - most of them in the ICU. What is strange is that I don't see a charge specifically for my On-X valve so I can't say how much it cost. I'm going to have to investigate...:rolleyes:

I'm only 3 days post-op so I haven't seen the total bill yet but my Surgeon did say the valve alone was $8,000.00. My total hospital stay was only seven days. By the way, mine is a St. Jude...size??

I don't think my valve bill, hospital bill and surgeons bill was $7400 total and that included 10-12 days inpatient. I used to have the bill printout but it probably got used as packing material somewhere along the way. My, my, how times have changed:eek::eek:

My total hospital bill was $61,442.50, add in all the rest (TEE, Echos, Cardiac Cath, Cardio and all the rest of the fees) who knows.

good deal

good deal

my on-x conform x mital valve 25-33 mm cost nz $3500 ( approx us $2555 ) plus a modest 5% handling fee charged by the surgeon who ordered it from spectrumed ltd

Only paid Surgeon and Assistant Surgeon extras that my health fund and Australian Medicare didn't pay for, about $1,500 all up.

Hey Westie, Xena Warrior Princess is one of my favourite all time tv shows, gotta love Lucy Lawless.

Jeff.

My valve a Stjudes came it at approx $7000...my whole hospital stay and 2 surgeries totalled $85,000...I was amazed that the glue they stuck me together with was $3,500 Gees that must be special stuff hey!

haven't a clue - here in Canada, we don't see bills or pay for medical care directly.

However, I have neices and nephews (3 in total ) who were born extremely early and extremely underwieght (they didn't weigh 7lbs between them at birth), and although we never saw a bill, we know that, at the time 20+ years ago, 24hrs in neonatal intensive care cost $1000/day before drugs or any treatment.

I was also in ER last week, and there were signs posted for people not covered by our health care - CTscan costs $480 and MRI just over $1000

My surgery and five nights in the hospital eight years ago had a "retail" price of $85k. Aetna paid a "negotiated" $54K and my part was $500 out of pocket.
Mark

I'm only 3 days post-op so I haven't seen the total bill yet but my Surgeon did say the valve alone was $8,000.00. My total hospital stay was only seven days. By the way, mine is a St. Jude...size??

Check on your St.Jude medical valve card. There is a serial number.
Got to: www.sjm.com and look under products, somewhere I found a chart relating the serial numbers to the sizes.

:D
2 st jude valves around $6000.00 Australian dollars each.
10 days in hospital. Total for everything was $48000.00AUD.
My cost: One up payment of $400.00, rest paid by my health insurance that I had been paying for over 30 years. Also,included in the cost was an INR Ratio machine that my surgeon oprganised for me.
Best $400.00 I ever spent.

I have a tissue valve and if I remember correctly it was $5,000.00. Total cost of surgery was around $100,000.00 of which medicare and BC/BS paid around $30,000.00 and my total cost out of pocket was zero.

Thank goodness for government health care and employer health insurance.....all in, including 2 separate one week stays in a private room at the hospital....$0.00. Of course, with the taxes we pay here in Canada I'm sure I paid for this, and a lot more, over the years. It's weird but there's some sense of satisfaction in getting my moneys worth. ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

Wayne, how did you get a private room for free? Here in the Province of Quebec, you get to be in a ward of 3 or 4 people for free. If you have group insurance from your job (I kept mine even after I retired), you can get a semi-private room free. If you want a private room, you have to pay out of your own pocket. I was actually willing to do that (I hate sharing rooms), but I was told that they kept the private rooms for people who were really doing badly.

Back